Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 2:57:27 PM EDT
I do not want this to turn into a this vs that brand etc!!! and I have read more then I care about regarding issues with colt, but one question still remains for me.
It seems peoples main gripe with COLT is #1 It's attitude toward civies  and #2 that it costs, and quote, "3 times more then an AR that is just as reliable, and you are paying for the name". Now I do not care about #1, but why is it everyone states that you are paying sooo much more for these. I read this absolutely everywhere. The 6920 is $300 to $400 cheaper then a standard noveske (right now atleast) and a few dollars drifference then an LMT. Where do all of these comments stem from? I don't get it. They are no more expensive then any other "top tier" mfg. And in some respects they are cheaper. Sure they are about $300 more then a bushmaster, but if you bought a  F/A bolt carrier, that would cost almost 200 right there. I just seriously do not understand. Its a difference of a couple bucks? Am I missing something? I could understand if all these comments were made in the past few months when prices sky rocketed (everything was expensive then), but they stem back for years and years on google. Any insight? Or is it just that people are that concerned with the difference of a hundred dollars? This is a sincere, non biased question.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt recently ramped up the production of the LEO line, which has (finally) put some products into the supply pipeline. This has mercifully reduced prices almost to pre-election levels.

As far as politics go, there is a lot of seething hatred toward Colt for decisions made in the past. Many see these decisions as anti-2A moves, when in reality they were "do it this way or you will be destroyed" moves.

I consider myself to be in a better position than most to refute most of the political BS, though I'm not going to stick my neck out again for the sake of an argument on the Internet. Check your IM.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone that complains about a $1200 Colt thinks their $900 DPMS is 'JUST AS GOOD' ...

I built a 'Mutt' rifle using parts as good (or very close) as Colts, Sabre Defence barrel, BCM BCG, LMT LPK etc, and it cost more than a 6920

If Colt would make a mid length I would be all over it at the current prices

I personally have no interest in M203 notches and 16" barrels with carbine gas...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Colt recently ramped up the production of the LEO line, which has (finally) put some products into the supply pipeline. This has mercifully reduced prices almost to pre-election levels.

As far as politics go, there is a lot of seething hatred toward Colt for decisions made in the past. Many see these decisions as anti-2A moves, when in reality they were "do it this way or you will be destroyed" moves.

I consider myself to be in a better position than most to refute most of the political BS, though I'm not going to stick my neck out again for the sake of an argument on the Internet. Check your IM.

The last thing I want is this to turn into one of those ridiculous threads that are too painful to finish reading. So no, I don't want you to stick your neck out  I just feel like im totally missing something. I have read numerous places that Pre election  they were $1200 to 1300. During the election everything was expensive. It just seems competitively priced (if not a little cheaper ) compared to others of similar quality. The price issue just seems to be a huge gripe. I read it everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Okay nevermind haha. Your right, it may be inevitable (if some of the posters Ive seen on here lurke over to this thread)
CJan just offered me an explanation. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top