Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2009 1:53:37 PM EDT
WENT OUT AGAIN TODAY TO SHOOT MY NEW COLT M-4 22 AND TOOK A FRIEND WITH HIS. FAILURE TO FIRE RATE IS VERY HIGH. BOTH GUNS MALFUNCTION IN EXACTLY THE SAME MANNER. 5 DIFFERENT KINDS OF AMMO FROM CCI TO SUB SONIC WERE USED AND 3 DIFFERENT MAGS IN BOTH GUNS. THESE GUNS COULD NOT HAVE RECIEVED ADAQUATE TESTING BEFORE RELEASE. THE ISSUES WE ARE HAVING ARE NOT RELATED TO BOLT SPRING TENSION. MOST FAILURES ARE LIGHT FIRING PIN HITS. I SUSPECT MOST IF NOT ALL GUNS FUNCTION IN THIS MANNER. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE ONE ELSE WITH FAILURE TO FIRE ISSUES.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
OK!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the update...

You bought a piece of crap and you're surprised?  I really cant understand why ANYONE would spend money on that lump of garbage.

Pick up a spikes or tacsol upper and put it onto a REAL lower...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OK!

Lol.

Thanks for the range report. Definitely glad I got my Spike's upper.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
well for $479.00 it was not that much money ( at least for a guy who has 21 ar-15's and 2 m-16's. I like the platform and believe it will work. I think it was released way before it should have been.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt junk.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Colt junk.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Colt junk.

They seem to work better then Spikes..................

Seriously, they are NOT made by Colt and it's the ballpark price ALL of the clones for to include the GSG HK or whatever it's called. I've found that FEW of the .22 look alikes seem to have a great track record.

Of course the OP didn't even bother to contact Colt, I can guarantee that just by the way he posted.

I'll personally stick to my M261/Colt surp M16 upper.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]
WHAT DID YOU SAY SOMETHING? I CAN HERE OVER THE YELLING!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought anything with a prancing pony was 100% good......

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]
But....But....But it can't fail, it's a Colt. You can even walk on water when holding a Colt in your hands.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But....But....But it can't fail, it's a Colt. You can even walk on water when holding a Colt in your hands.

YES IT MOST CERTAINLY CAN.........BECAUSE IT'S NOT MADE BY COLT
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#12]
The gun is made by Walther, only thing that is Colt on it is the name stamp on the side. And they do need to work the kinks out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I know it's not made by Colt. This is not the first time either, but at least this time they are printing that it is made by Walther on the box. Back in the 1980's Colt sold some black powder and 22 LR pistols that were either made by Aldo Uberti or were assembled with Uberti parts. At that time Colt neglected to inform anyone that these where not genuine Colt manufactured products. At least this time they are being a little more honest.

But remember Kool-Aid Crew, "Quality Makes It A Colt", It even says so on the box. Even if it's not made by Colt, or even in this country.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/jdcayhill/pop_wm_1406066.jpg
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw one at the gun show last weekend...

Generally just looked like garbage.
I don't know why anyone wouldn't just buy a drop in conversion from CMMG or Spikes. What good as an AR in .22 permanently.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]
What types of ammo did you try specifically? Did you try adjusting the gun at all?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Just consider it a lesson learned and sell it to fund a Spikes dedicated upper. I'm still shocked that Colt would allow their name on something like that
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The gun is made by Walther, only thing that is Colt on it is the name stamp on the side. And they do need to work the kinks out.

Ha. At least LMT, Noveske, Bushmaster, BCM, DPMS, and many others more didn't screw up like Colt by selling it's good name for a couple of bucks.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What types of ammo did you try specifically? Did you try adjusting the gun at all?

We tried CCI, Federal, Remington (2 types), Blazer and Reminton sub sonic. I have not adjusted yet as both guns we used had the same problems.
Thanks for the help you response is the only one so far in the thread that offers something constructive.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#19]
BUT, BUT, BUT, IT"S A TACTICAL RIMFIRE PEOPLE! THEM THINGS DON"T FAIL.

I carried one on the Space Shuttle back in the '80s before we switched to TACTICAL PINFIRES!. Now those things were POS.

Full metal construction no less! What will they think of next.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top