Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 1:38:40 PM EDT
There are so many different brands and styles of slings  i was just wondering what you guys on the forum suggest..
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
100% personal preference.  1, 2, or 3 point, padded or not, etc.

Figure out what sort of design you want and work from there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
For what?

Carrying, tactical, target shooting?  They are actually kind of specialized like that, and there is a lot of personal preference involved.

Simple carry strap- GI silent sling is fine.
Tactical- Vickers sling, viking tactics, and similar have pretty loyal followings, depends on if you want single point, two point or three point.
Target shooting- Cotton M1 Garand sling or Turner leather sling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate to say it, but really the only way you're going to know your preference is by trying every style.  I was lucky enough to be exposed to many brands and styles by what was issued and purchased around me.

My .02?  Specter 3 points give me the best weapon retention/freedom ratio.  You get TONS of freedom with something like a single point, but I feel like it comes at the cost of being in overall less control of the weapon.  Just my opinion.  
Best of luck.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top