Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:54:19 AM EDT
1)YHM Flip up iron sight with or without Bayo lug, which one should I go with?

2)Is it best to go with a matching YHM rear sight or would GG&G be a better choice for the rear

3)If I order the sight off Yankee Hill Machine's website will it take 6 months to get to me lor is it mailed out same week as ordered since its a small part.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
on a carbine gas system with 16'' barrel the bayo lug is just useless.
it would make more sense on a 14.5 barrel but you'll never use it anyway

mixing different brand shouldnt be a problem
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
on a carbine gas system with 16'' barrel the bayo lug is just useless.
it would make more sense on a 14.5 barrel but you'll never use it anyway

mixing different brand shouldnt be a problem

I should have mentioned I have the m4 m203 cut.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Spikes has the Q.D.S. sight in stock. It's the same exact one that YHM makes for them and it's the same price. Spider logo vs. YHM logo is the only difference.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I would get bayo lug just to piss off a liberal.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was actully thinking that too, just cause.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was actully thinking that too, just cause.

I personally don't like to include anyhting on my firearms that don't serve a logical purpose.  But many people feel as though it helps them to express their rights......  Whatever floats your boat.

I seriously wish they would just rename them accordingly, they really don't serve any fully functional/practical use on a 16' anyways.

I've always thought they make about as much sense on a civilian 16' rifle as if the lug was on the rear sight appeture.....and facing backwards.

'Causeicaner'  'Causesompeoplecanter' 'causethisisamericaandweshouldbeallowedtoandfuckyouifyoufeelotherwise-lug'
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have three AR's and none of them have lugs..............one is a dissy...........and the other one is a twenty inch and the other is a 16 inch carbine...............my thoughts are if I'm close enough to need a bayonette I will use a hand grenade................
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have three AR's and none of them have lugs..............one is a dissy...........and the other one is a twenty inch and the other is a 16 inch carbine...............my thoughts are if I'm close enough to need a bayonette I will use a hand grenade................

If you had one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top