Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:20:55 AM EDT
Midlength I have coming: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=124?

I ordered a LMT BCG for the upper and expect to have the rifle complete within a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
LMT  is good to go...

imo
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is, while you pay roughly a $40+ premium for the pointless LEO marking, it is a great match. OR you could pre order a BCM lower from Denny's
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#3]
LMT lower is GTG
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The LMT lowers are a great match but I would go for the new BCM lowers from Denny's....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The LMT lowers are a great match but I would go for the new BCM lowers from Denny's....

Oh you mean like you and I did?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I found a ffl nearby and pre-ordered the BCM lower from Dennys.  The FFL is a pawnshop, which I know nothing about.  I'm a bit nervous with this process; I have always bought firearms I could put my hands on and walk out with.  I'm also a bit concerned about receiving the lower on time.  The site states "first batch limited to 60".  It seems to me they've probably already received more than 60 orders.  hopefully I won't be back ordered for an indefinite period of time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I found a ffl nearby and pre-ordered the BCM lower from Dennys.  The FFL is a pawnshop, which I know nothing about.  I'm a bit nervous with this process; I have always bought firearms I could put my hands on and walk out with.  I'm also a bit concerned about receiving the lower on time.  The site states "first batch limited to 60".  It seems to me they've probably already received more than 60 orders.  hopefully I won't be back ordered for an indefinite period of time.

No, since credit cards are charged at time of order the website keeps track to avoid over selling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]

When I'm done with the rifle, it will look a lot like yours.  I've got a magpul moe stock and miad grip in foliage green on the way, as well as the Larue BUIS you have pictured.  What sling is that you're using?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

me too
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When I'm done with the rifle, it will look a lot like yours.  I've got a magpul moe stock and miad grip in foliage green on the way, as well as the Larue BUIS you have pictured.  What sling is that you're using?

It is a padded Vickers 2 point sling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy that lower!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmm, I ordered a Midwest industries MCTAR-18 Mid-Length Two Piece Forearm, which doesn't come with qd swivel mounts.  Guess I'll have to get a rail mount qd sling swivel.  Man, this never ends..
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmmm, I ordered a Midwest industries MCTAR-18 Mid-Length Two Piece Forearm, which doesn't come with qd swivel mounts.  Guess I'll have to get a rail mount qd sling swivel.  Man, this never ends..

I'm not trying to be a dick, but unless you have monster hands you are going to hate the MI two-piece rails. Huge, bulky and heavy are how I would describe them. I couldn't stand them, especially with any rail protectors on.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not trying to be a dick, but unless you have monster hands you are going to hate the MI two-piece rails. Huge, bulky and heavy are how I would describe them. I couldn't stand them, especially with any rail protectors on.

Thanks for the info, I didn't picture them being huge and bulky.  My hands tend to favor larger grips etc.  An HK USP 45 fits well in my hand and with the MIAD I used the large back strap.  If I end up disliking the handguard, I'll send them back to Rainier.  This is my first time ordering from Rainier, but I hear they have great customer service and hopefully will accept the return.

I wanted the magpul handguards, but they don't make then for midlengths.  I don't care for the original type handguards.  Hopefully the MI handguards aren't larger than the original types.  As this is going to be a true "KISS" weapon, I want handguards that are easy to remove (snap in and out).  What other options do I have?  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

me too

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top