Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 3:25:24 PM EDT
I have a preban PWA AR15 with a 20" heavy barrel.  Since the federal ban lifted, are these still worth alot?  What I would like is a 16" middy barrel, other than that I'm happy with what I've got.  I don't want to make any changes that will cost me anything, so I'm banking on the preban getting me some money.

So should I sell the whole thing or just sell the lower and get a new lower, barrel, and gas block?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Complete pre-ban lowers will go for $500-700 in ban states.

Most pre-ban rifles I have seen have been in the $13-1400 neighborhood. I must admit that I have not seen many rifles, mostly lowers.

Peruse the old and new EE to find a fair asking price.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a preban PWA AR15 with a 20" heavy barrel.  Since the federal ban lifted, are these still worth alot?  What I would like is a 16" middy barrel, other than that I'm happy with what I've got.  I don't want to make any changes that will cost me anything, so I'm banking on the preban getting me some money.

So should I sell the whole thing or just sell the lower and get a new lower, barrel, and gas block?

I sold a complete lower that was in my collection since 1993............for 700.00

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sold a complete lower that was in my collection since 1993............for 700.00

I just traded an Oly Lower for 2 NIB Noveske Stripped lowers.  I posted a thread and got a lot of info in return.  Take a look.  People posted some links to places you can post yours for trade or sale.

From my recent experience, take some good pictures and describe the lower/rifle up front.  Forged or cast etc.  I did a poor job of this and got a lot of questions bc of it.  Once I redid the ad on New EE, I got a ton of offers almost right away.  Probably could of done better in way of a trade, but the guy was good, quick and 2 for 1 is more than fair.  

Good luck.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=447266
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top