Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:51:06 AM EDT
I've seen that CMMG has the lowers that will accept G3 magazines... Who makes uppers?
I know DPMS makes something... But I wouldn't trust DPMS, especially on such a critical part as an upper.

I've heard ArmaLite makes them, are these any good?
What are the options?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#1]
CMMG and Armalite may not be compatible .I see AIM Has CMMG lowers and says they use DPMS uppers and mags .I am new to the AR10 so take it for what its worth .

You might want to try the AR10 Forum in the AR section .Great info there .

And Don't make the mistake of calling DPMS an AR10 OR LarryG will be all over your ass
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've seen that CMMG has the lowers that will accept G3 magazines... Who makes uppers?
I know DPMS makes something... But I wouldn't trust DPMS, especially on such a critical part as an upper.

What are the options?

You'll get a better response if you post your question in the AR-10 forum.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What are the options?

You'll get a better response if you post your question in the AR-10 forum.

No, he'll get blasted for calling anything but an Armalite an AR10.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been big into the AR15 series for a while...

Looking at the Specs on those, I found that DPMS and Armalite both make less than top of the line rifles. For example, 4140 barrel steel instead of 4150.
Do these "flaws" carry over into their 7.62NATO rifles?

Can you just not be that picky when it comes to one of these? It doesn't seem there are many options out there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
the options on 7.62 Ar's are

Knights SR25 top of the line.

Armalite AR10,Noveske N6,Eagle Arms AR10

DPMS

Bushy as well as Rock river and POF have made 7.62 AR's. Some use Fal mags

Knights if you have money to burn and want the absolute best.
Armalite and you know if Noveske is using Armalites parts it is top notch. Only uses AR10 mags from Armalite.

DPMS is about the same as thier ar15 rifles good but not the best. Mags are more plentiful.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#6]
What makes you think the KAC is better than Noveske? I would take a Noveske rifle over a KAC any day.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What makes you think the KAC is better than Noveske? I would take a Noveske rifle over a KAC any day.

I don't really know that they are better.
They cost a shit load more.

Our U.S. forces actually use the M110 SASS system but not the Armalite are far as I have seen.

I would take a Noveske in a heartbeat don't get me wrong.
You can't beat a Armalite with John's barrel.
Wish I had ordered one of his 18in uppers when they were available.
Should have got off my ass pre-obama now they are off the site I hope not permanently.
Guess it doesn't matter as for a dollar a round I can't afford to shoot it right now anyway.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
So.... DPMS uses different magazines than ArmaLite?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So.... DPMS uses different magazines than ArmaLite?

Yes. By the way Armalite is running a magazine special right now 5- AR-10 mags for $150.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top