Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:50:58 AM EDT
I ordered a 16.1" Daniel Defense Recon Barrel from Rainer Arms on Friday, and it arrived today.

Barrel:
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1495

I now need to have the barrel sent someone to get the FSB pinned. I know I can send it to Adco, but what other options are there? Also, the barrel has M4 feed ramps. I'll get an upper with M4 feed ramps, but I don't know too many specifics about them. Are the feed ramps pretty standardized across brands? I recall hearing that there were differences, such as Noveske's being rather steep. Should I get a Daniel Defense upper for best match with the feed ramps? What other brands of uppers could I be considering?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard/read a single bad thing about ADCO, that is where I would send it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got the same barrel in Saturday but luckily I don't have to have anything pinned on mine.

I'm putting mine on a Larue Stealth Billet upper with M4 feed ramps and they look to match perfect.

I think any of the M4 uppers will be just fine as far as the feed ramps go, I haven't seen much difference in any of them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, so my plan now is to get a quality upper if the Daniel Defense uppers don't come in before I need one.

Here's my build so far, give me any recommendations
Lower: (finished)
RRA Lower
RRA LPK
BCM MilSpec RE
Magpul CTR
CS Buffer Spring
H-Buffer
Magpul Trigger Guard
Hogue Grip

Upper:
TBD A4 Upper
Daniel Defense 16.1" Mid-Length Recon Barrel
LaRue 9.0" Handguard
Young Mfg Chrome M16 BCG
Troy Rear BUIS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top