Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:54:33 PM EDT
On what to do for my second AR.  The AR pictured is the one and only I have.  I've only had it for less than 3 months and already having the urge to get a second.  What I have now is a basic Bushmaster Patrolman, which I converted to a piston system and accessorised:

My original thought for the next rifle was to get 18" Larue stealth upper and scope it.  I"m Now leanging more towards a mid length KISS rifle.  The reason I'm leaning more towards the KISS rifle is for the fact the Bushmaster has proven to be very accurate and I could remove the Eotech from it and scope it instead.  As far as My KISS options, I'm sure I want a mid length system and a 16" barrel.  My current choices are:  

1.  BCM Mid lengh (wait for them to become available again).  
2. Noveske N4 Light
3. LaRue Tactical DMR-16 Upper

I prefer a chrome line barrel, so may take the LaRue out of the running.  I'm picturing a standard front sight coupled with a LaRue Tactical B.U.I.S. QD LT-103.  Of course with MIAD, and I'll probably go with the Magpul hanguards and trigger guard as well.  Again, keeping it as simple and light as possible.   Am I missing any other good possibilities?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
that is one badass rifle you got there! love the FDE furnature!

i only have one AR as well i really want to do a build, but money isn't all that plentiful atm

but when i do finally get to be able to build my seconds rifle, i want to do a M16A4 type rifle with maybe a noveske barrel. still thinking it over...

since you already have a carbine/cqb type rifle i would suggest a longer range, DMR rifle.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
BCM middy with a DD Lite rail...and you may as well order a new BCM lower from Denny while you're at it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
that is one badass rifle you got there! love the FDE furnature!

i only have one AR as well i really want to do a build, but money isn't all that plentiful atm

but when i do finally get to be able to build my seconds rifle, i want to do a M16A4 type rifle with maybe a noveske barrel. still thinking it over...

since you already have a carbine/cqb type rifle i would suggest a longer range, DMR rifle.

Thanks for the compliment.  While a DMR rifle may be in my future, I don't want one anytime soon.  I've got a light KISS rifle in mind for my second.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
i like what you have done so far. with taste like that you will not make a mess with your next one. you have my permission to proceed.

build whatever you can find faster. you can't shoot parts/gun that are on order. with bdr you will end up with six anyway before to long.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I would go for a long range tack driver in 18" or 20". SPR clone maybe? If you're set on a middy you cant go wrong with a BCM upper. What about a build around a  18" middy barrel?

Speaking of BRD: I bought a WOA SS 18" middy barrel recently and was planning on cutting it down to 14.5" with pinned Vortex and some long ass rails (Troy 13.8") Then BCM had their middy upper available and snatched one of those. Now I'm thinking that instead on cutting that barrel I should go for Recce build given that I already own a 20" SPRish build. So many options...In the mean time I'm going broke so I think this situation will take care of itself...(No $, no play)

-erne
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BCM middy with a DD Lite rail...and you may as well order a new BCM lower from Denny while you're at it.

I would if I had a FFL nearby whom I trusted.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#7]
BCM has middy N4s right now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BCM has middy N4s right now.

It's tempting and I'm trying to avoid impulse buying.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd get a larue, but that's just because I've been wanting to try one for some time. If all you want it for is a KISS set up, I'd say go cheapest, so the BCM would be the best choice.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask in your Hometown forum for some FFL suggestions.  That's where I found my FFL a month or so ago.  I bought a CMMG M4LE, 1 week later I'd ordered a new upper/lower/BCG/CH, all BCM.

My vote goes for a BCM middy, what I just picked up myself.  Or change it up and get an 18" or 20" tack driver.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask in your Hometown forum for some FFL suggestions.  That's where I found my FFL a month or so ago.  I bought a CMMG M4LE, 1 week later I'd ordered a new upper/lower/BCG/CH, all BCM.

My vote goes for a BCM middy, what I just picked up myself.  Or change it up and get an 18" or 20" tack driver.

That's a great suggestion, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Why can't you go with a Larue 16" Stealth.  They are midlength.  Very nice piece of gun - lol.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why can't you go with a Larue 16" Stealth.  They are midlength.  Very nice piece of gun - lol.

I'm wanting to build a simple, lightweight, and durable mid length rifle.  I want the barrel chrome lined.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm wanting to build a simple, lightweight, and durable mid length rifle.  I want the barrel chrome lined.

Oh my bad, the Larue is stainless. Sorry
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd get a larue, but that's just because I've been wanting to try one for some time. If all you want it for is a KISS set up, I'd say go cheapest, so the BCM would be the best choice.

I agree. I would go with Bravo for a KISS setup. Especially since they make a brilliant middy. I would want a Noveske for more of a modular setup like the low profile instead of the N4 basic. Mine has a flashlight, vfg, buis, and an acog. But that's pretty far from a KISS setup. I  preordered a BCM lower and I'm going to be using a BCM middy upper for my complete BCM kiss setup. I'm pretty excited
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#16]
It must be fate: BCM 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group, in stock today and ordered.  If only I could get my hands on one of their lowers to mate with the upper.  I know a store an hour away with S&W lowers, that may have to do.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It must be fate: BCM 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group, in stock today and ordered.  If only I could get my hands on one of their lowers to mate with the upper.  I know a store an hour away with S&W lowers, that may have to do.

BCM Lower  They should be shipping in about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have or know a ffl :(

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have or know a ffl :(

Have you used anything like gunbroker's FFL locator? I think you may have to be a member to use it, but if you wanna PM me I will use mine to help you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Your 1st EBR is very nice - what ever you choose for the 2nd - will be equally GTG I'm sure - well done - carry on...........

Remember that those EBR's get really hungry @ times - stock your gun food deep! -
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top