Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:40:20 PM EDT
I assembled this gun to replace a Spikes built SPR with a WOA barrel. It wasn't shooting as well as I wanted, typically shooting .7-.9 moa with handloads, over moa with factory ammo. GTS had this upper pop up on their site a few weeks ago and I grabbed one. Took it out to the range Saturday to break it in following Kriegers recommendation, then zero and shoot for groups. Shot a mixture of Black Hills and some PPU 75 gr match ammo. My best group of the day with factory ammo on it's first time out was better then my best WOA group after almost a year of tinkering with loads.

I didn't shoot too much at 100 because I wanted to see how 200 yds would work out. I got one group at 200 with no wind, then a gusty 5-10 mph started to blow and my groups started to string horizontally. All groups were 5 shots. With the top group of Black Hills, you'll only see 3 holes. I fired 5 shots at the target, so either I completely missed the paper on two of them, or put them through the same holes. I really can't say.  

Upper:
CMT receiver
18" Kreiger SPR profile 1:7.7" middy
LaRue 13.2" rail
Bravo Co auto carrier

Lower:
GTS lower
RRA lpk
WOA tuned 2-stage

Optic:
Leupold Mk 4 3-9x40
LaRue SPR mount

The rifle:

100 yds PPU:

100 yds Black Hills

200 yds BH 77 SMK load. Cold bore shot was in the black as I wanted, then moved up a tiny bit after that. All other groups at 200 were a little over 2" going horizontal.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, enjoy it!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on your very nice SPR and thanks for the range report.

I'm still in the process of building my SPR but still undecided on what barrel to use, I was looking at the LaRue and Noveske but I would also consider Denny's Kreiger SPR barrel seeing how good it performs.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Congrats on your very nice SPR and thanks for the range report.

I'm still in the process of building my SPR but still undecided on what barrel to use, I was looking at the LaRue and Noveske but I would also consider Denny's Kreiger SPR barrel seeing how good it performs.

Kreiger barrels are among the best made. Dennys upper has the advantage of not having any wait time right now either. Last time I checked LaRue was 9 weeks and who knows with Noveske.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top