Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2009 10:58:16 AM EDT
I think the title says it all. I have an older used Bushy and a Newer LMT Upper and am cought between a PWS or Adam Arms Piston System so does it matter for those in the know?

I figure the "better" upper would help me accomplish my goals but I have no clue yet. My Goal BTW is to get an AR as close in reliability to my AK's.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a PWS piston on a Rainier custom upper. It's works great.

But if your ARs aren't as reliable as your AKs, maybe you need to work something else out at the DI system probably isn't the issue. I've had the same amount of failures in my 6 ARs as my 1 AK. Zero.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a PWS piston on a Rainier custom upper. It's works great.

But if your ARs aren't as reliable as your AKs, maybe you need to work something else out at the DI system probably isn't the issue. I've had the same amount of failures in my 6 ARs as my 1 AK. Zero.

So you made your Custom Upper PWS? Is that the only one you converted? Either way what do you think?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Does your DI AR have reliability problems?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a new upper built around the PWS system. I just wanted something different and the PWS seemed best to me since it doesn't use any small springs or anything. IMO, it should prove to be the most reliable and shouldn't need any replacement parts unless something is lost.

At this point, 250 rds, I think it works as advertised. The bcg is totally clean after shooting and stays cool the entire time. I have printed a best group of .7 moa with factory ammo, so it's pretty accurate too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
"As long as I clean them properly my AR's have no issues." The prior sentence in this post even for me is true however there are times when unfortunately there is no time to clean my AR properly and I have had malfunction issues related to this. On the other end we got the AK's just run and run no matter what you put through them and/or what you put them through. I spoke to a few that state the AA and PWS Piston Systems (Expesially the AA as of this morning) gives you the advantages of the AR System and the reliability of an AK. Why now try it out? Will I run it on Duty right out? No, but if it passes my testing it will be my new Duty Carbine. I prefer to change the initial quote to "My AR's have no Issues."

Quoted:
Does your DI AR have reliability problems?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I put an Adams kit on a brand new LMT 16" carbine.  I wanted to convert a new gun... why?  Just because I wanted to.  That's what hobbies are for.

The gun works great with the Adams kit, super easy install, the fact that LMT barrels are exactly mil spec dimensions helps the kit go on easy.

I got the kit where you take the gas key off and put a new striker on in it's place.  Easy to do, and Adams said the dedicated carrier is not really needed for semi-auto.

Have 200 rounds through it and absolutely NO signs of any where on the receiver extension.  I know 200 is way early , but if there was a drastic issue, it would probably show up real early.

Could I have used the LMT as a DI ??  Absolutely.  I have another LMT I use DI.  Again, this is a hobby.  I had fun converting it and fun shooting it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top