Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2009 10:07:12 AM EDT
These are really basic questions, as I am in my infancy still here . Im thinking of going the midlength route. Im deciding between noveske and BCM for my upper. First of all, I dont want this to turn into a "this vs that" brand, but could anyone justify buying a noveske midlength upper for almost 300$ more then the BCM? Also, would you recommend a full auto BCG from BCM or a semi-auto (does this make any difference since its a midlength, I know the auto has a longer dwell time or something).
And lastly, anything I should know about the buffer tube? Is there any difference being that it is a midlength.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If the BCM is that much cheaper I would go with it. Also an M-16 carrier(why not?)

Buffer tube and spring will be decided by the stock you choose.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Noveske is all about the barrel

Depends what the weapon will be used for

I would be happy with both for protection

If I wanted BETTER accuracy I would go noveske barrel
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a BCM mid-length and I love it.  Although I don't personally own a Noveske to compare it to.  there is absolutely nothing wrong with BCM.  I would put it above my Bushmaster upper.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
noveske is top of the line...that said, is it any "better" in functionality vs another, quality brand? thats your call

the FA or semi BCG: it doesnt matter in all real applications––go w/ what you want

the tubesr arent any diff
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
noveske is top of the line...that said, is it any "better" in functionality vs another, quality brand? thats your call

the FA or semi BCG: it doesnt matter in all real applications––go w/ what you want

So a lmt defender lower with sopmod stock would work just fine with a noveske mid length upper? Sorry, I know some of these things may be obvious, but I just like to clarify.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
All the things you are looking at are good choices.  there is no possible wrong combination of any of the items you have talked about.  I like a M16 carrier just for tad of extra weight. an H buffer gives a little extra weight also, but neither is required.  the idea is the extra weight softens the jolting of the parts a bit.   It is a bigger deal on the carbine length gas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All the things you are looking at are good choices.  there is no possible wrong combination of any of the items you have talked about.  I like a M16 carrier just for tad of extra weight. an H buffer gives a little extra weight also, but neither is required.  the idea is the extra weight softens the jolting of the parts a bit.   It is a bigger deal on the carbine length gas.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a lmt defender lower with sopmod stock would work just fine with a noveske mid length upper? Sorry, I know some of these things may be obvious, but I just like to clarify.

I had just that combination, an LMT SOPMOD lower with a Noveske 16.1" recon upper. Only reason I changed it was I found a Noveske lower for the upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top