Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:59:22 PM EDT
It seems like a killer price for whats included. 1399 shipped. Maybe Im just missing the threads, but these don't seem to be getting much hype. Are they just "unproven" still or what? Just seems as though you can go colt for 1300 or DD for a hundred dollars more and get all the goodies. What do you guys think in comparison to the top tiers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, the biggest reason they are avoided is because they are butt ugly. Judging from the quality of other DD items, I have no reason to doubt the quality of the DD M4. If you can get over the looks, then you are good to go.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not getting why they are "butt ugly". Looks just like any other AR to me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hmm yeah, I don't quite get it either. haha . I must have an untrained eye. Looks like an AR with an extended quad rail. Im not pushing the rifle, just curious thats all.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The rail doesn't look right, its just too damn long. The DD m4 that Adco has modified is .
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm yeah, I don't quite get it either. haha . I must have an untrained eye. Looks like an AR with an extended quad rail. Im not pushing the rifle, just curious thats all.

People don't understand why the rail extends beyond the FSB. This is so you can control the rifle from as far out as possible. Also, you can place a light on the top rail in front of the FSB. I can understand objections from a weight standpoint, but not from an aesthetics standpoint. If it works, it works. It is a tool, not a rocking chair.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
It's carbine-gas system with extended rail.  Some consider the rail to be ugly  *shrug*, I think it has advantages with potential for 12 o'clock light mount as well as having the VFG further out, but the bottom line is it's a quality barrel, bolt and everything else from a known-good company, so I'd say, "why not?" Go for it.  $1399 is a good price.  It's usually listed around $1500.

OR, if you want a middy-gas system with "normal" rail (DD M4 9.0), you should checkout ADCO's Custom DDM4.

ETA: ok, I'm slow as hell.  Beat by 87GN... big time.  That'll teach me to open a bunch of tabs, then slowly read 'em and respond without hitting F5 first.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The rail doesn't look right, its just too damn long. The DD m4 that Adco has modified is .

The Rail length is actually better. You can place the light out further to make it easier to activate a push-button cap. Additionally, many people favor putting a vfg farther out for better control of the firearm in acquiring targets. Also provides more protection to the barrel. As far as aesthetics it may not be too pleasing,but for actual use for certain people it is a better deal.

ETA: I'm slow on reading all the way thru before posting, easily beat by twenty minutes

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#8]
As a side note, I find the profile of the Omega X rail to be extremely pleasing; better than anything else I've ever handled.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Rail length is actually better. You can place the light out further to make it easier to activate a push-button cap. Additionally, many poeople favor putting a vfg farther out for better control of the firearm in acquiring targets. Also provides more protection to the barrel. As far as aesthectics it may not be too pleasing,but for actual use for certain people it is a better deal.

I have no doubt that the extra rail length is useful, just stating it does not look right (to me) with a fixed front sight post.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Rail length is actually better. You can place the light out further to make it easier to activate a push-button cap. Additionally, many poeople favor putting a vfg farther out for better control of the firearm in acquiring targets. Also provides more protection to the barrel. As far as aesthectics it may not be too pleasing,but for actual use for certain people it is a better deal.

I have no doubt that the extra rail length is useful, just stating it does not look right (to me) with a fixed front sight post.

Whole nother argument on the value of a folding front sight v. a front sight post. For this one it looks like DD tried to get optimal use for a general use carbine (and I think it is very well thought out for that purpose).

Again it's a matter of how you view a firearm also. Some look better than others, some work better than others  (for various reasons).

ETA: at $1400 I think it is an incredible value that is easily available at this point also.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Where are you seeing that price?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Duke likes his !
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People don't understand why the rail extends beyond the FSB. This is so you can control the rifle from as far out as possible. Also, you can place a light on the top rail in front of the FSB. I can understand objections from a weight standpoint, but not from an aesthetics standpoint. If it works, it works. It is a tool, not a rocking chair.

+1   get that VFG as far out as you can .This may be my next AR.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It seems like a killer price for whats included. 1399 shipped. Maybe Im just missing the threads, but these don't seem to be getting much hype. Are they just "unproven" still or what? Just seems as though you can go colt for 1300 or DD for a hundred dollars more and get all the goodies. What do you guys think in comparison to the top tiers.

I saw my First DD today at the range
Looks outstanding to me
The Man I talked to said he wasnt real thrilled with accuracy
He was testing several handloads today!
To Me its More Than Accurate enough with nice small  TIGHT 5rd groups at the 50Y
The DD ran 100% when I was there

Every bit as accurate as  my LMT D2000 M4

I  also like the rail on the DD Carbine/M4

I would be happy with a DD carbine

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#16]
They would look better if DD had used a low profile gas block and let the rail be complete all the way out.  Then some DD iron sights and she would be sweet.

Call me picky, but if I can't get to the bayo lug then I don't even want to see it.

Just my $0.02 worth.

That being said, it looks a hell of a lot better than a 16 barrel sticking out in front of the sight base with a carbine gas system.  Daniel Defense is know for quality work so it should run like a scalded dog.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Took the words out of my mouth

Any even IF who cares its a SHTF M4/carbine

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks outstanding to me
To Me its More Than Accurate enough with nice small  TIGHT 5rd groups at the 50Y

Why was [ihe[/i not too thrilled with the accuracy? Did you see his 5 shot groups?
Or was he just wanting a match rifle or something.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]
If your going to spend the money get THIS ONE, its $1550 plus shipping and transfer fees but it comes with a $400 Eotech
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I would buy one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#21]
*shrug*

I think it's a great looking rifle, and the extended rail is quite functional.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If your going to spend the money get THIS ONE, its $1550 plus shipping and transfer fees but it comes with a $400 Eotech

Isn't that $1899 with the EOTECH and $1550 for just the rifle? Also OP where are you finding them for $1400?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#24]
What fathers day coupon?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
with our fathers day coupon code that $1550 gun would work out to $1400 delivered, maybe thats what he was talking about

WIll there be a 4th of july coupon? I hope I hope. Still waiting on an expense reimbursement from Kroger to the tune of $2K. But when thats in hand I will be in the market for one of these.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I was trying to say. I love DD products and I have no doubt as to its functionality. But it just looks odd to me. If you are going to use an extended rail, why not use a low pro gas block and a front flip up?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#27]
There are multiples of them for 1399 on GB. I still cannot make a decision between this and a colt.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I was trying to say. I love DD products and I have no doubt as to its functionality. But it just looks odd to me. If you are going to use an extended rail, why not use a low pro gas block and a front flip up?

Because that can cost more and is not as robust as a pinned, fixed front sight base.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks outstanding to me

Why was [ihe[/i not too thrilled with the accuracy? Did you see his 5 shot groups?

I just met the man
we been trying to hook up for a year
Im a single dad so its hard for me to get out

He  shot his  DD M4/Carbine  GREAT
I saw him shoot . I was beside him
The man is very very serious about groups  and Handloads !! and is in the KNOW I can tell just by talking to him!
He is still in the process tuneing the  load
I think  VMAX LOAD he used seem  to me give the best accuracy so FAR out of his loads
He tested several hanloads it takes awhile to get the combo right. ( well it does for me when I reload / tune  )  

He also shoots sniper rifles That are Top Quality and hits golf balls at the berm 220Y with ease  ( Man I miss my 222rem Bolt Action)

On a Good  Day  I can put 3rds/5rds in the 10ring of a small bore rifle 50y target  

The 10 ring is  just under 1inch

I cant do it ever single time ! but my M4 is capable!!  IM NOT  

Useing my range bag  (not a good rest )
LMT D2000 14.5
Aimpoint ML2 4MOA DOT
LMT 2stage
BH 77gr

The DD M4 has more than enough accuracy for SHTF M4
and can do anything my LMT can

Remember He is a very Very seriuos Sniper/target shooter
wich may be the reason why he wants Match Grade accuracy  with his Handloads and DDM4

I doubt I help any

I would have no trouble owning a DD M4
Or see any problem with its accuracy

Very nice M4

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks outstanding to me

I just met the man

The man is very very serious about groups  and Handloads !! and is in the KNOW I can tell just by talking to him!
I think  VMAX LOAD he used seem  to me give the best accuracy so FAR out of his loads
He tested several hanloads it takes awhile to get the combo right. ( well it does for me when I reload / tune  )  

He also shoots sniper rifles That are Top Quality and hits golf balls at the berm 220Y with ease  ( Man I miss my 222rem Bolt Action)

On a Good  Day  I can put 3rds/5rds in the 10ring of a small bore rifle 50y target  

LMT D2000 14.5
Aimpoint ML2 4MOA DOT
LMT 2stage
BH 77gr

wich may be the reason why he wants Match Grade accuracy  with his Handloads and DDM4

I doubt I help any

Very nice M4

So what sized groups was he getting?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks outstanding to me

I just met the man

LMT D2000 14.5
Aimpoint ML2 4MOA DOT
LMT 2stage
BH 77gr

I doubt I help any

Very nice M4

I get 1.5" groups w/ Privi and a 4x ACOG from prone/sandbags.  I'm certain that the rifle can shoot tighter w/ better magnification/ammo/triggerman.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#33]
At 100 yards? Thats plenty good enough for a defensive rifle.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because that can cost more and is not as robust as a pinned, fixed front sight base.

I can get on board with the cost argument, but I've never heard of a (reputable) front flip up on a quality rail being not "robust" enough. Are you referring to a front flip up coming loose on the rail?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:43:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks outstanding to me

I just met the man

LMT D2000 14.5
Aimpoint ML2 4MOA DOT
LMT 2stage
BH 77gr

I doubt I help any

Very nice M4

Allready said it can do anything my 2  LMT can do!!  maybe even more?

50Y Small Bore Rifle TARGET set at 50Y

On a Good day I can put 3rd and 5rd groups in the 10 ring

useing a ML2 4MOA DOT and my Range bag as a rest and BH 77 /75gr

Might do better if I bought a REAL REST/sand bag

I didnt slap my ruler on his targets the very first day of meeting this Nice guy
but with his hand load 5rd group was under 1 inch at 50Y

He hasnt got the load worked out yet. It takes time going to a relaoder then Driving to the range just to test ammo

Its not like when I lived in the country .

all I had to do was walk to my garage  50 feet

To reload ammo Then test at my range in yard .  pretty fast and easy

Like I said above HIS DD M4  HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH ACCURACY

Guys its a M4

M4 are used for Protection  not match grade accuracy

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Hear is what I did at 50 yards off bench using a 3LM 2moa Ampoint.

Win Q3131 5.56

I did another at 100 yards with the same setup.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hear is what I did at 50 yards off bench using a 3LM 2moa Ampoint.

Win Q3131 5.56

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/VLR4/DD%20M4/DSC01144.jpg?t=1235263813

I did another at 100 yards with the same setup.

Yes they can do that!

Boy I got in huge trouble in shop class for cutting a penny in half
DEface money he said

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top