Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2009 6:45:52 PM EDT
I am looking to build up an upper using BCM's 16" stainless barrel and BCM upper receiver. I want to go with the Daniel Defense 9.0 Lite Rail, but I am at  a crossroads with the FSB. I cannot make a decision between this and this. Cost is a wash, as it's about the same price to send the upper to ADCO for the standard FSB install as it is to buy the ARMS product. I understand the standard FSB will be much more secure, but the ARMS FSB  can be collapsed for optic use. I am looking for opinions or pro's and con's just in case I am missing something. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
go with the mils spec bcm FSB. no prb using optics with a fixed fsb
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

+1.

If a standard fixed FSB is an option, it's the option I'll go with, every time.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

Thanks for the reply.
Can I ask why? I see an awful lot of rifles with some sort of folding FSB/GB, so people must like them. Right? Other than the durability issues, are there other issues to be concerned with?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

Thanks for the reply.
Can I ask why? I see an awful lot of rifles with some sort of folding FSB/GB, so people must like them. Right? Other than the durability issues, are there other issues to be concerned with?
Thanks

A fixed FSB is cheap, durable, and gets in the way of nothing. You can't beat 'em.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks

A fixed FSB is cheap, durable, and gets in the way of nothing. You can't beat 'em.

Some don't like them with low power variables.  If you run a scope at about 3x or higher, you won't see it at all.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I found the fixed FSB to be distracting, but it was not so bad I couldn't shoot around it.

I prefer the folders to reduce that distraction though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the reples.
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
i have no choice but to use a low pro or a folder because my scope sits about 1/8" above my KAC rail and the view is totally obstructed with a FSB.  i like to have my scope as close as possible to the bore centerline for accuracy reason.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top