Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2009 5:36:59 PM EDT
Gonna buy a Magpul stock.  I'm thinking the Ruger has a Commercial tube.  Anbody know for sure?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Unfortunately that doesn't definitively decide either way. My Bushmaster AR has a commercial buffer extension tube, yet I run a milspec Colt H buffer and spring inside of it. The inside dimensions of either buffer extension are nearly identical-it's the outer diameter of the two tubes that are different

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unfortunately that doesn't definitively decide either way. My Bushmaster AR has a commercial buffer extension tube, yet I run a milspec Colt H buffer and spring inside of it. The inside dimensions of either buffer extension are nearly identical-it's the outer diameter of the two tubes that are different

Correct.  The buffer and spring may be mil-spec, but what about the tube?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:34:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Measure... Magpul has the exact dimensions on their site. Navigate to the CTR and there's a nice diagram.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't have mine yet, just hoping someone already knew.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#8]
If you are in that big of a hurry, buy both types & save he other for a future AR.  LaRue tactical has a nice diagram on how to ID milspec & comercial tubes quickly without any tools/measuring.  It's under the link for the CTR stock on there website.

Wes
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Not in that big a hurry, just seeing if the answer lurks out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#10]
According to a post by gotm4 on Sigforum, it is a mil-spec extension.

Sigforum Link
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top