Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2009 4:57:56 PM EDT
I have friends who after locking the bolt back they hit the release and let it slam shut. Is this causing any damage to their guns? I just got mine last week and I keep tension on the charging handle when I hit the release so it shuts does'nt slam shut.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It really doesn't hurt anything if you let it slam on an empty chamber
Letting it down slowly is OK if that's what you prefer..
Just make sure that when you are going to fire live ammunition you definitely let it slam shut or you may have problems.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
None of my rifles are broke so i don't think it hurts anything

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"Inspection.........Arms!"    

"Port..................Arms!"      

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
these weapons have been around for decades, if there was a problem with riding it home or dry firing it on a empty chamber it would be common knowlege by now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"Inspection.........Arms!"    

"Port..................Arms!"      

I was not in the military so I'm going to assume inspection occurs with the bolt locked back and port means close the bolt and dust cover?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top