Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/9/2009 9:03:38 AM EDT
I don't want this to be seen as a bash post but I don't know who/where I should contact.

I ordered some PRI sites and a gas tube about a month ago.  I got the gas tube a few days later.  I emailed him asking him about the sites and he said they left them out the package and they would be out ASAP.  That was 5/18.

I've sent several emails and tried calling several times but the last I have heard from him was the 5/18 email reply.  If they are back ordered, I understand, but I would like to hear something... I have heard nothing but good things about him here and I'm hoping I'm just slipping through the cracks.

Advice on what I should do next?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Forget emails, just keep trying to call him throughout the day. I believe he can be in and out and hard to reach sometimes, but keep trying.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Forget emails, just keep trying to call him throughout the day. I believe he can be in and out and hard to reach sometimes, but keep trying.

This. He is nearly impossible to reach through emails. Just keep calling until you eventually get him when he's around.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#3]
So given, I've been trying to call for a while now, at what point should I just charge back and order through another vendor?

Order was on 5/11... have I waited long enough?  Like I said, I heard he's one of the good guys and I hate burning bridges with good guys but I'm feeling kinda stuck here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not really sure. I've only had good experiences with him so far. He seems to be extremely busy lately but I can see where you are coming from. I know if you are able to ever

get in touch with him he'll make things right though. Hope it works out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
When you call, make sure that the number that would come through on his caller ID is valid...He usually just calls back based on what his caller ID reports.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I talked to him last Thursday.  He's around.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Denny stays busy building quality weapons, and running one of the best business's around. His CS is top notch.

Im not sure why your having problems, but I will risk my neck for Denny, and say he will have a good reason. The guy is one of the best.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I called his number and spoke to him this morning about an upper just keep trying.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Denny is +100...he is swamped. just keep trying his line. he will make it right.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I've done several orders with Denny and I was very satisfied.  I recommend calling him first thing in the morning when he opens.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldnt worry too much. Just try to call during the hours set on the website and you'll get him. Denny was a pleasure to work with when I got my rifle
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Denny has stated before that he is a phone call person. Give him a call and I am sure he will work it out.

I have spent A LOT of money with Denny and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Denny is GTG IMHO. He's always returned my calls even one time when I didn't leave a call back number.... must have caller ID??
Anyways, I've always had good luck with him.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. He is nearly impossible to reach through emails. Just keep calling until you eventually get him when he's around.

Denny will even tell you himself he's difficult to reach via email.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Denny is definitely one of the good guys.  I stopped buying from him because I ran out of money.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#17]
i place an order for a charging handle on 5/18.it shipped 5/19.hasn't arrived yet.called him a week ago he said i used the slowest shipping and it should still arrive.i am still waiting !
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Denny has always given me top quality service just like others have stated and we need to remember the status of his business at this time.  Denny told me the phone is the best way to contact him.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Denny told me that if your number shows as "private" or "blocked" or anything else but a valid phone # he will just ignore the call.  Be sure if you leave a message your number will show on his machine.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I called him once and he was in the middle of doing laundry. He is reachable..
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#21]
That really sucks and would definitely turn me off from continuing business with him. That said, he is my 2nd favorite dealer and ships super fast!

If it got to 30 days, personally, I'd call my CC and do a chargeback. At the very least that will get his attention. Hopefully he'll see this thread and get you squared away!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That really sucks and would definitely turn me off from continuing business with him. That said, he is my 2nd favorite dealer and ships super fast!

If it got to 30 days, personally, I'd call my CC and do a chargeback. At the very least that will get his attention. Hopefully he'll see this thread and get you squared away!

The man probably works 20 hours a day! He's gotta make time to do his laundry sooner or later!

yeah I know, I won't argue with a word you say about him because like I said he's A+ in my book too. My comment stems from the fact that I'm just as anxious as Ralphie on Christmas morning when it comes to completing my builds. No offense to Denny whatsoever!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I called him a few weeks ago to ask him if his LMT Sopmod stock had the QD attachment (yeah, thats it).  I got no answer (about 11am), and left no message.  About 5pm I was grilling some steaks with the Larue rub (which I use on chicken and steak, awesome) and he called me back!  The stocks did not have the QD I was looking for, but he contiued to shoot the sh?t with me for about a half hour.  Ive bought a few low dollar items from him in the past and say I was surprised (he BS's for so long in a good way).  I give him an "A".  Wait!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't want this to be seen as a bash post but I don't know who/where I should contact.

I ordered some PRI sites and a gas tube about a month ago.  I got the gas tube a few days later.  I emailed him asking him about the sites and he said they left them out the package and they would be out ASAP.  That was 5/18.

I've sent several emails and tried calling several times but the last I have heard from him was the 5/18 email reply.  If they are back ordered, I understand, but I would like to hear something... I have heard nothing but good things about him here and I'm hoping I'm just slipping through the cracks.

Advice on what I should do next?

Wait it out Bro. I too have done business with Denny, and always got my stuff in three-four days. With that being said, since Denny stated that he would ship the missing item(s) ASAP a couple of weeks ago, I'd be a little concerned too. For all you know the USPS could have lost them. If I were you, I'd wait it out for at least another week. Try calling him, and leave a message, but if you can't get a hold of him, or if the sights don't show up within another week or so, I'd think about calling the Credit Card Company. JMHO, FWIW.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#27]
He was busy last Thursday building this beauty...

AC

LaRue Stealth lower
Rock River parts kit
Wolff spring kit
Magpul MIAD
Giessele DMR trigger
Magpul UBR butt stock
Enidine hydraulic buffer + Wolff buffer spring
LaRue Stealth billet upper w.M4 feed ramps
Young National Match M16 bolt carrier
LMT enhanced bolt
Badger Gen.2 tactical latch on CMT charge handle
Denny's Guns 18" Krieger 1/7.7 stainless SPR barrel mid-gas
LaRue low profile gas block
LaRue SPR scope mount
Nightforce NXS 1-4x24 scope with FC reticle
Troy front and rear BUIS's
Vickers padded sling
GG&G front sling mount
DD HD QD swivels
Surefire FH556-212A flash hider
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Denny stays busy building quality weapons, and running one of the best business's around. His CS is top notch.

Im not sure why your having problems, but I will risk my neck for Denny, and say he will have a good reason. The guy is one of the best.

+1... nothing but good experiences here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#29]
just got a SOPMOD stock from him a week or so ago.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:11:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Nothing but god things to say about Denny here too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#31]
+1 on calling him and leaving a message if he does not answer.  Denny is top notch and so is his CS.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#32]
His VM has been full for at least 3 weeks now.

I finally got a hold of him today.  He said he was at lunch and to call his shipping line in about 30 min.  Called back, got an answering machine and am back to square 1.  So many people are vouching for him here so I don't want to be a prick and charge back but this is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I finally got a hold of him today.  He said he was at lunch and to call his shipping line in about 30 min.  Called back, got an answering machine and am back to square 1.  So many people are vouching for him here so I don't want to be a prick and charge back but this is getting ridiculous.

I held my tongue when i first saw this thread cause i know everybody loves Denny.

I didn't get the great CS everyone raves about either. I didn't do a
thread cause it
wasn't worth the aggravation of my blood pressure over 20~30bucks.

But if i were you i'd just do a charge back it's enough money to be aggravated over and what your experiencing with the i'll call you back etc is the same shit i dealt with basically.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've ordered a few things from him and have always been impressed at how fast he processes orders and  ships. With that said, there appears to be no excuse for this. He's obviously a straight up guy, but he is really dropping the ball on this. His fault or not, he is aware that there is a problem that is getting worse all the time. Its time to "step out of his comfort zone" and do things out of his normal way of doing business and get this taken care of. There is a simple fix to this. It might mean interrupting his luandry or lunch time, but I believe the OP deserves better customer service than he's getting. Just my humble opinion.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#35]
You need to relax a little.  If Denny doesnt e-mail you right back dont worry, Im sure he has not forgot about your sights.  The guy is busy so give him a break.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You need to relax a little.  If Denny doesnt e-mail you right back dont worry, Im sure he has not forgot about your sights.  The guy is busy so give him a break.  

If he "has not forgotten" about his sights, he would have them. Being busy has absolutely nothing to do with it. This is not a backorder situation or a lost in the mail situation. He forgot to send the sights initially. He was made aware of it several weeks before and has been contacted since then and yet he still has exhibited very little to no concern for correcting this problem. And "not paying attention" to e-mails is total BS. If that is the case, don't post an e-mail address and state up front, "Emails will be totally ignored." This is a simple matter. Stop what you're doing and TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM! Now, with rant off, I agree with the previous poster. Back it out and forget about it. Things are too good right now with the "assault rifle scare". However, it appears that worm is slowly turning and the hysteria is dying down. They'll be hungry for business again before too long.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#37]
I got a hold of him this morning.  He referred me to the shipping line but then asked what the issue was.  After telling him the ordeal he replied "Wow, that's a big deal, let me fix this right now".

Sights should be out in the mail today.  It took a long time but I think the issue is resolved.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#38]
I called him yesterday with a simple question (did he get my FFL's info), he went, checked on it promptly and replied.  I know he's busy but I've yet to have a problem getting in touch with him, top notch service thus far.

Glad to see you got it resolved, let us know how it all ends up!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I got a hold of him this morning.  He referred me to the shipping line but then asked what the issue was.  After telling him the ordeal he replied "Wow, that's a big deal, let me fix this right now".

Sights should be out in the mail today.  It took a long time but I think the issue is resolved.

I have nothing but praise for Denny's Guns / GTS.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#40]
he's great to talk with on the phone, and ships his stuff out quick in my experience.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top