Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2009 10:39:32 PM EDT
I chalked the marking so as to see it better. The letters are peened into the metal. Who made it?
Edit, It has the blue extractor buffer.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be just and MP tesated contract bolt.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt marks their bolts with either "MP" or "MPC" according to my reference.  The other manufacturers mark theirs with "MPF" (for an FN bolt), "MPD" (for a Diemeco bolt) etc.  On my Colts the marks are no where near as "neat" as yours.  Mine look like they were vibra etched by hand, and not the neat block letters in your pictures.  The M stands for magnetic particle inspection, and the P for proof tested.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Colt marks their bolts with either "MP" or "MPC" according to my reference.  The other manufacturers mark theirs with "MPF" (for an FN bolt), "MPD" (for a Diemeco bolt) etc.  On my Colts the marks are no where near as "neat" years.  Mine look like they were vibra etched by hand, and not the neat block letters in your pictures.  The M stands for magnetic particle inspection, and the P for proof tested.

I have a colt bolt marked MPC in my other AR, and the lettering is a little more 'loose.'
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The diagonal cuts behind the lugs look like RRA, if I'm not mistaken. They do not sell MP bolts so it must have been tested by a third party
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The diagonal cuts behind the lugs look like RRA, if I'm not mistaken. They do not sell MP bolts so it must have been tested by a third party

Here's a RRA bolt from a complete RRA BCG I recently purchased, no cuts behind the lugs...

Link Posted: 5/30/2009 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Here it (left) is next to a known Colt (right) bolt.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I did some looking around. This pic is from RECCE556 at Calguns.net
The marking pattern on the bolt I have is the same 'stippled' stamping. link to calguns.net thread
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I chalked the marking so as to see it better. The letters are peened into the metal. Who made it?
Edit, It has the blue extractor buffer.

I have an early chrome bolt that has the same lettering and the same wider than normal band as the one in your pic.

I'm thinking it's one of the first parked bolts from Colt.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top