Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2009 12:51:50 PM EDT
Hello all. I sure coulfd use some help? I have an AR that the lower reciever is stamped Lauer Custom Weaponry, LCW15 with serial number SNB 5xxx.
The upper has a mark stamped on the right side of the upper reciever just above the foraward assist that looks like a keyhole and the barrel is
stamped :  B MP 5.56 NATO  1/7 ( yes, I do know that is the rifling twist).
The rifle looks like my LE 6920 as far as overall length, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, and stepped barrel for grenade-launcher attachment. Also, the upper is an A3.
I bought it at a gunshow for 800, replaced the stock with a magpul, and replaced the crappy Chinese BUIS with an A.R.M. low-profille flip-up.
Any ifo on identifying exactly what I have would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a Bushmaster upper to me.

The keyhole means the upper receiver came from Cerro, they make raw forgings for several manufacturers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster barrel
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your response. I checked Bushmaster, and as far as I can tell, they don't make an upper with a 1/7 barrel twist. Or do/did they?? What about the "MP" marking on the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your response... I checked out Bushmaster and I don't find anything on their site about their barrels having the 1/7 rifling. theirs are either 1/9 or 1/8...
also, what does the "MP" stamping indicate?? My Colt has "MP" stamped on its barrel also...
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#5]
B = Bushmaster
MP = Magnetic Particle inspected
And yes, they make 'em with the 1/7 as well as 1/9 twist.

Unless you know for a fact the upper came complete from Bushmaster, I don't think there's really any other way to tell.  As has already been mentioned, the keyhole is just the forge mark.

As for the lower, just from my reading around, LMT and Superior both made lowers for Lauer.  The difference is pretty obvious.  Based on the pics on their website and, again, some reading around, LMT-made have a SN prefix of SML while Superior-made have the SNB prefix.

Superior-made lower:

LMT-made lower:

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Bulldawg: Thanks for your response and information. As always, all a person has to do is ask, and someone invariably has the answer and is happy to help out.
I take it from your answer that I posses an AR that is comprised of a  LCW lower manufactured by Superior and the upper is a Bushmaster barrel made at the Cerro forge, with a Magpul telescoping stock and an A.R.M.S. 40L BUIS, a total mutt. When I compare it side by side, part by part with the Colt LE6920, I see why I pay so much more for the Colt.
I will go to the range on Thursday and see if she shoots worth a shit.
Muchos grassyass, amigo...
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello! I just made my first AR purchase and it was one of these Luaer guns. I pick up in 9 days and cant barley wait. I handled the gun at the gun shop and it seems tight and a well put together piece. Anyone else sporting the Luaer?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing else about the lauers?  I love mine, put a few hundred through her today. Flawless!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#9]
true Lauer guns are usually good to go.......but most are probably just parts guns  put together on a Lauer lower, which may or may not be good to go.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Any ar built on a Lauer lower is a parts gun.......if you don't know who built it and what brand parts they used, it's a crap shoot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top