Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2009 2:38:46 PM EDT
So getting ready to start my version of a MK12 build and would like to use Laure Stealth Upper, and attach the Ops Inc suppressor.  Anyone went this route, just wondering if barrell profile is etup correct for the suppressor. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't think the LaRue barrel has the OPS 12 cuts for the placement of the collar.

I know the Noveske SPR and the WOA spr does.

You may have to ask them before you order it.

It can be intalled but if you are really one day going to get and use a 12th can I would want it right.
If you will never get the can and it will be for looks then maybe the LaRue will work if it does not have it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I just don't want to get all components ready to go and the 12th does not fit on the Larue.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Ops 15th, 16th, and a 12th.  I called Larue about three months ago to see if their barrels were profiled for the Ops collars.  I was told that they were not.  It is not very expensive to get a barrel reprofiled; I have had ADCO reprofile several of mine for the OPS.  So the Stealth would make a fine host for an Ops Suppressor, but you would likely have to send it off for some work instead of using it out of the box.

My own Mk 12 clone is built off of a Larue Stealth upper receiver.  Nice stuff.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have an Ops 15th, 16th, and a 12th.  I called Larue about three months ago to see if their barrels were profiled for the Ops collars.  I was told that they were not.  It is not very expensive to get a barrel reprofiled; I have had ADCO reprofile several of mine for the OPS.  So the Stealth would make a fine host for an Ops Suppressor, but you would likely have to send it off for some work instead of using it out of the box.

Excellent, do you mind posting a pic along with the cost the barrel profiled correctly?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent, do you mind posting a pic along with the cost the barrel profiled correctly?

Not at all, although I may have failed to make myself clear.  The upper receiver itself is a Larue Stealth; the rest of the components are from assorted vendors.  ADCO charges $80 to have the barrel reprofiled.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome rifle.  That is the exact stock I am considering.  Thanks for all the info. I would use the entire Stealth upper and send off to Adco.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#7]
i bet JCROWL will make a showing here, huh crowdig?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all, although I may have failed to make myself clear.  The upper receiver itself is a Larue Stealth; the rest of the components are from assorted vendors.  ADCO charges $80 to have the barrel reprofiled.

http://www.johnnyego.com/firearms/ars/morears2/spr01.jpg

http://www.johnnyego.com/firearms/ars/morears2/spr02.jpg

She is georgeous!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Like JohnnyEgo, I also built a Mk12 using the LaRue Stealth upper except I went for the Mod1.

You can use the complete LaRue Stealth upper assembly and while you'll have an SPR type upper, you won't have a Mk12 anything.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top