Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:02:05 AM EDT
Came across a N4 Noveske lower with no caliber marking, anyone have some info on them? I would love to get my hands on one for my next 6.8 build.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you found a Noveske lower with no caliber marking.  What more do you need to know?

Buy it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Noveske lowers that come as part of complete rifles have caliber markings and Noveske lowers that come stripped do not from my experience.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Noveske lowers that come as part of complete rifles have caliber markings and Noveske lowers that come stripped do not from my experience.

Thats the info I was looking for. I always thought that they all were marked 5.56. Thank you!

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Plenty of caliber marked stripped NOVESKE lowers in the wild, I own one and have seen plenty more.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It sounds like you found a Noveske lower with no caliber marking.  What more do you need to know?

Buy it.

Yup....
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of caliber marked stripped NOVESKE lowers in the wild, I own one and have seen plenty more.

Maybe it has something to do with the letter prefix then. I know there are four types, "B", "C', "E", and numbers only.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been looking and haven't found any more info...I have seen more stripped lowers w/marked calibers, than without...BTW, the two I seen are for sale on the new EE, I didn't go after them because they are complete w/machining for RDIAS, which I don't know much about so I passed them up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Maybe it has something to do with the letter prefix then. I know there are four types, "B", "C', "E", and numbers only.

I think this is a valid point of consideration. My understanding is that NOVESKE has had more than one maker of their lowers with each maker have slight variations in font and markings.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've got two noveske lowers i bought striped that both have cal markings on them..
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I am interested in finding out if they are still putting them out, or if they are all marked...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top