Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2009 5:31:18 PM EDT
Check out this gunbroker auction
here

Is this really an LMT?  The barrel markings dont look like any other LMT barrel, and its not marked MP or CB like all the LMT barrels I have seen, which admittedly is not that many.
Not to mention, LMT doesnt make any barrels in 1/9 twist, and they dont make any 20 in fluted barrels, at least not right now.

The hangtag does look like a real LMT tag, but it seems like the QA inspector checked the front sling fit and function, when that upper doesnt have a front sling on it.

What do you guys think?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, seems like this dealers is kind of shady.  Here is another auction where he claims he is selling an LMT complete kit, but the upper is made with a Wilson barrel in 1/9 twist.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The tag looks exactly like the tags from my LMTs.  

You said LMT doesn't make 1/7 twist...  Um, all their 14.5 and 16 inch upper s are 1/7 twist, so I assume you mean 1/9 twist...

ETA: not saying its legit, just that is the correct tag.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The tag looks exactly like the tags from my LMTs.  

You said LMT doesn't make 1/7 twist...  Um, all their 14.5 and 16 inch upper s are 1/7 twist, so I assume you mean 1/9 twist...

ETA: not saying its legit, just that is the correct tag.

Yeah, I meant 1/9, thanks.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like an M&A which are made for them by LMT and come with the same tag.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It looks like an M&A which are made for them by LMT and come with the same tag.

+1...He'll get more hits if he lists it as LMT. They make a lot of parts for M&A.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#6]
The only 20" barrel that I see in the LMT site are the .204 Ruger 1:12 twist stainless steel for the MRP upper system.

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=151&cid=5&session=0868f8f56c340d7367ddebf5f581b03a

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top