Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2009 3:42:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Not any more I picked up a few....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They seem to have taken them down for some reason... There were 5 of them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]
dang...need one for my 6.8 build
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
umm, would one of you sell me one that you got, thats the last piece I need for my build. kinda ticked because I was on their email list for these and I never got an email. hmmm.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought 2 of them so there should have been 3 left....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
umm, would one of you sell me one that you got, thats the last piece I need for my build. kinda ticked because I was on their email list for these and I never got an email. hmmm.

Just buy a BCM. You will never know the difference. I gave up on finding a MUR months ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, they should limit buying to only 1, ppl are hoarding things these days.  Would have been nice to pick up on of those but I wasn't even on the waiting list. I wish they would still offer their billet version. Maybe if I'm lucky the old billet version will pop up on the ee or gunbroker some day, doubtful though
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
They are back up! 3 of them....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]
oh snap, i just got one!!!!! jeep, i am now over my jealous envy  of you, thanx dude, you just completed my build.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
oh snap, i just got one!!!!! jeep, i am now over my jealous envy  of you, thanx dude, you just completed my build.

haha...glad I could help
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#11]
damn bs i added to cart it was instock then i had to create an account and their stupid security code thing kept saying i was entering it wrong when i wasn't, then by then when I went to pay it said sold out......bs
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#12]
gone, wow. can't believe I finally got one, now I wanna know what happened to their email notification system.

haha, when they went back in stock for that second I freaked out and added two to my cart accidentally, then I was trying to subtract one thinking that everyone was buying them at that moment. that was funny.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
damn bs i added to cart it was instock then i had to create an account and their stupid security code thing kept saying i was entering it wrong when i wasn't, then buy then when I went to pay it said sold out......bs

Same damn thing here.  That blows.  Oh well, next time.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Ahh screw it....I already have one enroute from Bravo. Guess Ill just build it off that. I had the chance to get theLarue the other day and passed it up. Should of bought it.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#15]
well I have a BCM upper receiver on the way too because I got tired of waiting, gonna have to turn around and sell that for the shipping loss, but I can't be happier.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
well I have a BCM upper receiver on the way too because I got tired of waiting, gonna have to turn around and sell that for the shipping loss, but I can't be happier.

Glad you got it You needed it more then me. I was gonna use it for when LWRC finally gave into me begging to do conversions again so I could send it to them for my 6.8 SBR build They told me they would do it but not at this time so I guess I can wait, but i am for sure using a VLTOR MUR fell in love the first time I saw it!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#17]
hmmm, that sux. didn't know you could get an invoice in one email and then a follow up email two minutes later says screw you, it's out of stock even though it was in stock.

Order Number: 4233
Detailed Invoice: https://sgcusa.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=4233
Date Ordered: Friday 01 May, 2009

The comments for your order are

Thank you for your order at SGCUSA.com. Unfortunately, the item you have ordered is out of stock, and as such we are canceling and refunding your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Canceled

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
hmmm, that sux. didn't know you could get an invoice in one email and then a follow up email two minutes later says screw you, it's out of stock even though it was in stock.

Thank you for your order at SGCUSA.com. Unfortunately, the item you have ordered is out of stock, and as such we are canceling and refunding your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Damn that sucks
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn that sucks

+1 I wonder if they accidentally posted it as in stock when it never was to begin with?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#20]
haha, oh well. too good to be true huh?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#21]
well, the three more added were a computer malfunction. good PR though.

We're very sorry we had to cancel your order, we experienced a computer malfunction that displayed three inaccurately in stock for a short time.  We received a total of five of these upper receivers, and we had dozens of people on the website all trying to purchase them, as well as a few customers in the store trying to purchase them.

Again, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience we caused, and if there is anything else I can do for, please let me know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
and if there is anything else I can do for, please let me know.

Get me a VLTOR MUR! hahaha
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Give it a couple days, some douche will sell them, double the price of course..........not like they need them!

And besides, you'll be helping them out, they'll say they need rent money or they bought them for thier friends builds and they changed thier minds!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe someone is looking out for you by you not getting one this time around.
This is going to be heresy but I have done two builds on them, one in 6.5 and one in 6.8, both SPRs.  The 6.5 on a billet, the 6.8 on the forged version.  Honest to God I do not see the big deal with the VLTOR uppers other than they do look nice and it is just one more cup of Cool-Aid to drink.  I quit using them and went back to using standard A3 and M4 uppers on my more recent builds.  It's not that they are too expensive, it is that they are too expensive for what you get.  I honestly do not see where all that extra money is going except in their bank account, especially since they are now forged just like everyone else's upper.  I still had to true the front of both receivers to make them perfectly square to the carrier and barrel, so I don't see where a replaceable FA is worth over $100 extra money and I cannot tell that they are any stiffer or more accurate.  And on top of that, the top rail is slightly higher than normal because while an A3 or M4 upper has its rail fit flush with a DD Ultra-Lite handguard, the VLTOR MUR sets just a little bit higher, but high enough that you had better not mount one scope ring on the receiver and one on the forend, unless you want a dinged or canted scope.
They are excellent uppers and look great, I will not argue that, but IMO they are way overpriced and the A3 and M4 uppers are serving me just as well as the the two MUR units and do so at less than half the cost.  But then again, I don't get to drink the Cool-Aid any more.  JMO and worth exactly what you pay for it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is going to be heresy but I have done two builds on them, one in 6.5 and one in 6.8, both SPRs.  The 6.5 on a billet, the 6.8 on the forged version.  Honest to God I do not see the big deal with the VLTOR uppers other than they do look nice and it is just one more cup of Cool-Aid to drink.  I quit using them and went back to using standard A3 and M4 uppers on my more recent builds.  It's not that they are too expensive, it is that they are too expensive for what you get.  I honestly do not see where all that extra money is going except in their bank account, especially since they are now forged just like everyone else's upper.  I still had to true the front of both receivers to make them perfectly square to the carrier and barrel, so I don't see where a replaceable FA is worth over $100 extra money and I cannot tell that they are any stiffer or more accurate.  And on top of that, the top rail is slightly higher than normal because while an A3 or M4 upper has its rail fit flush with a DD Ultra-Lite handguard, the VLTOR MUR sets just a little bit higher, but high enough that you had better not mount one scope ring on the receiver and one on the forend, unless you want a dinged or canted scope.
They are excellent uppers and look great, I will not argue that, but IMO they are way overpriced and the A3 and M4 uppers are serving me just as well as the the two MUR units and do so at less than half the cost.  But then again, I don't get to drink the Cool-Aid any more.  JMO and worth exactly what you pay for it.

need some cheese to go with that wine?

people get them for what they are, a different product than 99% of the rest.
I didn't "true" mine up and can easily get 1/2- 3/4 moa, so truing is obviously a waste.
you buy what you like and we'll buy what we like.

there are 2 crowds

those that like billet

those that push thier opinion that they are a waste.

I like billet and it's my money, don't try to prove I wasted it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#26]
wow, I didn't know that the rail actually sits higher than a quadrail, this will be my first MUR. I have a DDM4 rail, so if your lite is different then mine will be too. Trueing? I didn't follow that, trueing the upper to the barrel and carrier? plz, more info.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't "true" mine up and can easily get 1/2- 3/4 moa, so truing is obviously a waste.

there are 2 crowds

those that like billet

ps. they are forged now though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

there are 2 crowds

those that like billet

Vltor uppers aren't billet they are forged. I wish they would go back to billet though...

Edit: I was too slow :-P
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
there are 2 crowds

those that like billet

"billet" sure is a fancy word - they must be better
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Ooops, sorry I have billet. forgot they dropped it and went forged.

MURs are still nice
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone think this may be an indication that Vltor may have released a batch of MUR (and VIS) uppers recently?  *crosses fingers*
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top