Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:14:03 PM EDT
^^^ Ive obviously heard of them, but havent heard of them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to Go
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Other than Hesse/Vulcan/Blackthorne, all ARs will run fine.
If you tend to baby your rifles, don't shoot often, or shoot 100 rounds during a range session, Model 1 Sales, Del-Ton,
J&T, Stag, etc. will all work great. What people pay extra for is when they run their rifles hard. In
this case it pays to buy Colt, LMT, Noveske, etc.

My only problem with Stag is with the barrels they use. They use ER Shaw barrels which I put below Wilson barrels
in quality. In the same price range as Stags I would buy from someone that uses at least Wilson barrels like R.R.A. Other
than barrels, all the $400-$600 complete uppers use similar quality components.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good to Go

Great rifles
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
great rifles, high quality, accurate, and reliable. And a lifetime warranty to boot...<><....:)
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you tend to baby your rifles, don't shoot often, or shoot 100 rounds during a range session, Model 1 Sales, Del-Ton,
J&T, Stag, etc. will all work great. What people pay extra for is when they run their rifles hard. In

My only problem with Stag is with the barrels they use. They use ER Shaw barrels which I put below Wilson barrels
in quality. In the same price range as Stags I would buy from someone that uses at least Wilson barrels like R.R.A. Other

Why do you put Shaw below Wilson? Is this common knowledge? I have ran my stag pretty hard for 5k rounds and have not noticed any problems or a loss of accuracy. I do wish they offered 1/7 twist but mine seems to like 75gr anyway. I think they are great for the price.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a croc of crap
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If I had a rubber hose I would beat the ignorance out of you. Overpay did we?
Stag makes an excellent rifle and is a great company.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Stag make good stuff
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I`m building a Stag Arms carbine. You can get the stag lowers from dynamic armament pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

BULL SHIT
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stag make good stuff

Amen brother.

Haven't worked on a build with a Stag upper yet, but the lowers and LPKs I've worked with have been excellent. To date I've helped three friends build their first black rifles with Stag lower halves. Two of them used LMT uppers, and the other was a DPMS if I remember correctly. The Stag lowers I put together were machined and finished perfectly, and their lower parts kits were a breeze to work with. Everything fit together as expected, and the triggers were even pretty decent before I cleaned them up.

Overall I'd give the Stag lowers and LPKs I worked on five out of five stars-they were top shelf in every way. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to AR parts, and my initial expectations were pretty low. That said, Stag proved me wrong. If their uppers are anything like the quality of their lowers, I wouldn't hesitate to add several to my collection-right next to the ponies

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]
My first AR was a Stag.  I ran her hard, and she kept up with my later additions quite well.  I never had a single problem with her, and she treated me well.

Stag is GTG...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
My first build is a complete Stag upper on a stripped Stag lower with DPMS parts in it. - works just fine. Put about 700 rounds through it during its first trip to the range. Accuracy is great and had zero problems/malfunctions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Run my stag hard, never and i mean never had a problem
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like my Stag lowers. I've got three. Two support BCM uppers (a middy and an M4), and the other wears an LMT M4 upper.  Outstanding in every way, and milspec extension tubes make it nice.  No problems here.

I don't have a clue about their uppers, but their lower halves are definitely top notch.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Being new the world of black rifles, and as a new Stag owner, I''m happy to see these good reviews of Stag.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Stag is good stuff
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Being new the world of black rifles, and as a new Stag owner, I''m happy to see these good reviews of Stag.

Same here. I've had my new Stag just over a week and so far it's done everything I've wanted from it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I like mine
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#20]
GTG
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I have two and they are great.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Stag is very good quality
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#24]
i have owned colts, bushmasters, rra and stag. the only differences were, the finishes on the colts and stag were a step above the others. some colts had non spec parts. i got rid of the colts because of this.  the stag product runs flawless.  it is my competition unit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I have two, had problems with the first one. I sent it back to Stag on their dime, they returned it in a nice box in 5 days, and have not had any problems since. They also sent me some stickers and patches along with a carrying case. I was pleased enough I bought another, and have had no issues at all with it. I try to persuade everybody I know that wants an AR to buy Stag. They are the best for the money I think. The only other two I would consider would be LMT and Colt.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#26]
The great thing about Kool-Aid is that it comes in a variety of flavors.

Colt flavor
Bushy flavor
Stag flavor
Rock River flavor

And the list goes on.....

The point being, is that whatever you drink, you probably like it. With some exception, Vulcan, Hess, et al, most all are good. Take care of whatever you have, be safe, and enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I have three. They all go boom. My only problem ever with Stag was a shipping issue. They fixed it and set some extra goodies. Stag is GTG.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Up there with Colt, LMT, Noveske, etc. Mine eats up wolf like cotton candy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I love my 2TL  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top