Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2009 6:55:22 PM EDT
I am anxiously awaiting my Armalite upper to get here to mate up with my Bushy lower.
Is it a good marraige?
Is Armalite an OK upper?

It is the A2 carbine 16"
Open to any and all suggestions!
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have ordered an A4, I'm not a fan of carry handles.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for a4
I shoot an armalite ar 10 quite a bit. great gun havnt had one jam or malfunction or any other problem, had it for five years now or longer
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Armalite A2 middy 16'' barrel complete rifle. I think you can rest assured you made a good choice. Don't listen to the gear snobs that act like something is wrong with carry handle models. They have worked just fine since the Viet Nam conflict. Just because it's not the newest incarnation of the AR15/M16 platform it does'nt mean anything is wrong with it. It will serve you well. If you want to mount optics just get another complete upper with a flat top,  get a flat top upper reciever only and swap it, or just mount it to the carry handle. Mounting optics to the carry handle has been done since Viet Nam also, it will work. Also remember that alot of the iron sites that are put on flat tops are basically made to imitate the ones on your A2 upper. Check out the K.I.S.S./ Isreali Defense Force pic thread. Or the A2 pic thread, you will see lots of rifles like yours that are kicking plenty of ass with carry handles.   BD
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:10:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have an Armalite A2 middy 16'' barrel complete rifle. I think you can rest assured you made a good choice. Don't listen to the gear snobs that act like something is wrong with carry handle models. They have worked just fine since the Viet Nam conflict. Just because it's not the newest incarnation of the AR15/M16 platform it does'nt mean anything is wrong with it. It will serve you well. If you want to mount optics just get another complete upper with a flat top,  get a flat top upper reciever only and swap it, or just mount it to the carry handle. Mounting optics to the carry handle has been done since Viet Nam also, it will work. Also remember that alot of the iron sites that are put on flat tops are basically made to imitate the ones on your A2 upper. Check out the K.I.S.S./ Isreali Defense Force pic thread. Or the A2 pic thread, you will see lots of rifles like yours that are kicking plenty of ass with carry handles.   BD

Thanks! that's a glowing review!  I just wanted a nice easy to handle, no frills weapon that will (as you say) Kick ASS!! if the SHTF!!  
Thanks everyone!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top