Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2009 6:59:46 PM EDT
As the title says do all Colt 6920's have Large FCG Pin Holes?

I remember that there was some talk that they either used to be small or the new ones were to be of normal/small size.

Thanks,
TC
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Did we ever get definative serial number info ????  The tread noted has serial numbers with a gap between the two groups...
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did we ever get definative serial number info ????  The tread noted has serial numbers with a gap between the two groups...
Call Colt customer service: I called them about the pins on my 6920, and they were able to tell by the serial number which size pins it had (my 48XXXX serial numbered gun manufactured in Dec 08 has large pins).

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Great.  I never gave a damn that my 6920's had big pins.  Since that is what colt used, there would always be plenty.  Now with the change to small pins, it means colt trigger parts will completely dry up, and it might be very costly to repair a large pin 6920 in a few years.  Also, one by one, aftermarket trigger makers will drop large pin parts.

Nice job Colt.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Great.  I never gave a damn that my 6920's had big pins.  Since that is what colt used, there would always be plenty.  Now with the change to small pins, it means colt trigger parts will completely dry up, and it might be very costly to repair a large pin 6920 in a few years.  Also, one by one, aftermarket trigger makers will drop large pin parts.

Nice job Colt.

That is my thinking too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered two complete Colt 0.170 triggers, hammers and disconnectors.  Now I won't have to worry about any crap for the next 20 years.  These items will dry up for sure over the next few years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
That's why I sold mine last year when I heard rumor of this.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice job Colt.

That is my thinking too.

I don't think Colt has EVER cared about the civilian consumers.....

So at what serial number do the small pins start at ?  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top