[#2]
Broken or defective?
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why?

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I've never heard "Larue" and "broken" in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some pics of broken ARMS stuff and I want to see some of LaRue products, if anyone can find a broken LaRue product.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I get it....you just want to see if
A) it really possibly could happen ( not likely)
B) you saw on the Science Fiction channel that Larue products are made by "extra-terrestrials" and you want to see how could the aliens build gun shit ( very good)
C) you could get evryone on Arf.com in to a pissing match with lots of drama ( yep, you will)
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
This doesn't work anymore for some reason.

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Let us know how that works for ya !    

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let us know how that works for ya !                

+1
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/cdm024/IMG_2806.jpg

I recently ordered from larue for the first time and got: tan hat, dillo dust, 2 bumper sticks, black dillo

I haven't ever tried dillo dust, but I see the addicts posting about it all the time,

I also just got a billet Larue upper with M4 cuts from BCM about 20 mins ago.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Another one looking to start shit with LaRue
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think you misunderstand his intentions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think I do. The really funny part is he wont easily find anything to trash. LaRue makes some of the best gear available.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Im wrong Im sorry, but I dont think I am.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I too have a complaint against LaRue...

They don't ship bigger bottles of the Dillo dust with your order...Hell, if they make a LaRuge' lipstick I'd buy it for my wife. WHAT A TURN ON!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm a firm supporter of LaRue products, you should see my rifles. I'm simply challenging people to prove that a LaRue product has been broken. I have plenty of proof that ARMS shit falls apart...
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Larue has a good following
even if a part did break they would replace it
Not saying a larue mount cant be broken
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he is trying to show by virtue of the fact that there will be very few pictures posted that their products are good. He's already mentioned that he has pics of broken ARMS products.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]
+1
Agreed
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm a firm supporter of LaRue products, you should see my rifles. I'm simply challenging people to prove that a LaRue product has been broken. I have plenty of proof that ARMS shit falls apart...

Undesrtood then. Your right there wont be any posts. If there are some that are busted I would think someone went out of their way to DESTROY the product to defame LaRue.

Please accept my most sincerest apologies. Im sorry for rushing to judgement.

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he is trying to show by virtue of the fact that there will be very few pictures posted that their products are good. He's already mentioned that he has pics of broken ARMS products.

Gotcha. You were right. I can agree about the broken ARMS products. I have broken several ARMS products, never a LaRue product
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#23]
on the other hand have have nothing against Arms 40 BUIS
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Well ....... has it broken yet?

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#25]
The #40 is the one ARMS product worth not throwing in the trash. Just loc-tite it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#26]
LaRue broke my credit card today but I suppose I'm partly to blame.

On the plus side, I should have my upper in about a week and the whole CC issue was cleared up with the bank.  Apparently when you pick up 1000 rounds of ammo and buy a Stealth upper on the same day they get worried.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I would venture to say that most people who have ARMS gear mounted on a rifle that isn't a safe queen have already seen broken ARMS gear firsthand. Both of my TA-11s sit on ARMS 19s mounts-I bought them before I knew better. One of those 19s mounts is no longer tight on the rail, and neither of them will hold a decent zero. Having to re-zero my rifles every time I hit the range is a pain in the ass, and with the current price of decent ammunition it's pretty aggravating.

I'm about to buy an optic for an LE6920, and part of that budget includes replacing both of my ACOG mounts. So far my ARMS BUIS is doing okay, but that's going to be replaced eventually too.

I'm sure that LaRue gear can break-in theory so could an eight pound steel cannonball. Saw a picture of a broken FUG once-it looked like the owner took a hammer to it. The person posting the pics had a grudge against LaRue-so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recently ordered from larue for the first time and got: tan hat, dillo dust, 2 bumper sticks, black dillo

I haven't ever tried dillo dust, but I see the addicts posting about it all the time,

Dillo Dust is great. The paprika in it lends itself to a nicely smoked steak very well. It just intensifies the sweet smokiness.

And, it looks like yours doesn't work any more because it is EMPTY!

In all seriousness, finding broken LaRue stuffs may be difficult because of the fact that they will replace whatever breaks

for whatever the reason. Unless you have the instincts of a photo journalist after a very harsh and violent exchange, the

opportunity to take a picture would escape you  as soon wake up in the morgue

Edit to add: I'm seriously considering just sending them twenty bucks and a note asking for a couple bottles of that stuff just to

see what happens. I'm almost out, and they don't sell it on their website. I can't afford to build a new gun every time I want more Dust.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well ....... has it broken yet?

lol By "got" I meant that I found them in stock and bought it 20 mins ago

If the UPS man breaks it then theres going to be hell-to-pay
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#30]
You havn't gotten any pics for a couple reasons:

1-LaRue shit doesn't break. This is because its made in Texas. Its Texas tough.
2-LaRue shit probably wouldn't even break if it was made in some pussy state like California.
3-IF Larue shit breaks, your rifle probably broke it, and if your rifle messed up that bad to break it, your probably dead. So obviously not taking pictures of your blemished LaRue mount.

Hope that helped.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I heard the Marines are building the next generation of MRAPs out of Larue products because they are indestructible.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I doubt you'll find any broken LaRue mounts. The rifle would break off at the rail first.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I think whoever started this tread is broke - Larue sets the standard and the bar is pretty high.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#34]
1.There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures LaRue has allowed to live.
2.Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with LaRue.
3.LaRue is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
4.LaRue can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.
5.Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a LaRuetatorship.

...lol love thier stuff....although my brothers dog tore their hat up... gotta count
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#36]
IBMLR

(In Before Mark LaRue)

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Let me get a 10 lb sledge and a stick of TNT and I'll be right back with you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Let me get a 10 lb sledge and a stick of TNT and I'll be right back with you.

Nope.

ETA: I wanna see a larue mount test, like a Pmag truck/drop/freeze/everything test.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to LaRue Gear.

Caution: LaRue Gear may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

LaRue Gear contains a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

Do not use LaRue Gear on concrete.

Discontinue use of LaRue Gear if any of the following occurs:

* itching
   * vertigo
   * dizziness
   * tingling in extremities
   * loss of balance or coordination
   * slurred speech
   * temporary blindness
   * profuse sweating
   * or heart palpitations.

If LaRue Gear begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.

LaRue Gear may stick to certain types of skin.

When not in use, LaRue Gear should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of LaRue Gear, and its parent company, LaRue Tactical, of any and all liability.

Ingredients of LaRue Gear include an unknown glowing green substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

LaRue Gear has been shipped to our troops in Saudi Arabia and is being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq.

Do not taunt LaRue Gear.

LaRue Gear comes with a lifetime warranty.

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to LaRue Gear.

Caution: LaRue Gear may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

LaRue Gear contains a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

Do not use LaRue Gear on concrete.

Discontinue use of LaRue Gear if any of the following occurs:

* itching
   * vertigo
   * dizziness
   * tingling in extremities
   * loss of balance or coordination
   * slurred speech
   * temporary blindness
   * profuse sweating
   * or heart palpitations.

If LaRue Gear begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.

LaRue Gear may stick to certain types of skin.

When not in use, LaRue Gear should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of LaRue Gear, and its parent company, LaRue Tactical, of any and all liability.

Ingredients of LaRue Gear include an unknown glowing green substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

LaRue Gear has been shipped to our troops in Saudi Arabia and is being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq.

Do not taunt LaRue Gear.

LaRue Gear comes with a lifetime warranty.

I LOVE Happy Fun Ball

Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#42]
This thread just confuses me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
LaRue broke my credit card today but I suppose I'm partly to blame.

On the plus side, I should have my upper in about a week and the whole CC issue was cleared up with the bank.  Apparently when you pick up 1000 rounds of ammo and buy a Stealth upper on the same day they get worried.  

My bank stopped questioning long ago.  If I ever stopped ordering Stealth's they will probably call to see if I am still alive.  

I believe that I will likely break before  my LaRue gear..
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Well the anodizing is completely gone of my first dillo's hind leg it's chipped really bad and the bottom of the tail looks pretty rough........ but it still opens beer so i guess it's technically not completely broken.
But i'm going to give it hell tonight to try to accommodate this thread
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dillo dust on everything ...except pancakes...well you can on potato pancakes...french fries and fried cheese curds

Bigger Dillo dust containers...that would be good....

Got me one of them LRT billets too....6.8 or .204 can't decide yet
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

[u=http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/cdm024/IMG_2806.jpg]http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/cdm024/IMG_2806.jpg[/url]

I've never seen one myself.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Funny
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#49]
the only reason that there are no broken Larue products is.....

because Chuck Norris hasn't decided to break any yet!

(subsitute Chris Costa for Chuck Norris if you need to.....)
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
LINK

Although I think Larue is way overpriced, I looked at those pics and saw that it broke in a severly cold environment.  Any plastic/polymer will shatter at super cold temps.  I broke a manadnoc PR24 in the winter in 20 below weather.  Manadnoc batons and PR24's are considered indestructible.  I would assume a Larue Verticle grip is no exception.  Not a fair pic.  I still think LaRue is way overpriced ..... but, lets be fair.  Steel fails if it's too cold.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top