Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:40:10 AM EDT
I just got a fixed stock bushmaster carbine and was wondering if I can replace stock with a collapsable one. Is it an easy thing to do? Also, which collaspable stocks do you suggest? Thanks,
                 Harry
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
First of all, make sure a collapsible stock is legal in your state.Then, you'll need to pick out what YOU like, it's personal preference.You can check out the basic M4, the LMT Sopmod,Vltor,CAA,Ace, etc...there are many different stocks.It's not hard to do, about the only tool you'll need is the stock wrench, about $20.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]

If your state laws don't include ban, yes.
Check in the VA hometown forums.

The Magpul CTR is the most bang for your buck IMO, about $100.
You will need a carbine buffer tube (aka receiver extension) carbine length buffer weight, castle nut and end plate.

A standard M4 collapsible stock should include everything you need for about $60-$100, but they tend to be a bit rattle prone since they don't have the friction lock like the CTR.

Depends on you budget. Get a castle nut wrench when it comes time to install, will save you from marring your rifle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Take your pick off This Page

Can't go wrong with a CTR or MOE. If you got the cash and can find one the UBR might be something your interested in
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Adjustable stock are good to go in VA.

As for which one to pick.... I agree with previous post more preference then anything.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you want to sell your fixed stock?  ;)  I'm in NY..
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
If all you want is an M4 you can pick one up from ace with the buffer and spring for $60 shipped.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Take your pick off This Page

Can't go wrong with a CTR or MOE. If you got the cash and can find one the UBR might be something your interested in

Great stock choices.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top