Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 3:49:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I would run one if I could get it cheap.
But I dont think thats going to happen...

ETA-I read the description and it will even make me shoot better...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Not needed.  It is a bunch of hype just like the M4 feed ramp crap.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If it was a F/A BCG it might be worth it, but its not.  The M-16 BCGs have been going for about that much...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]
As i look at the pics....whats that....Its not even staked.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one.  Wouldnt buy another.  If you want a coated BCG, get a young machine or smith chrome unit.  The ion bond units from GTS are top shelf as well, but I doubt you will ever see one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Could you point me to a source that says M4 feedramps are not effective?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]
His chair told him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
A local action shooter named Jerry Miculek shoots for DPMS and S&W and uses a full titanium carrier made by progressive machine. He says it cuts down on recoil and recovery time. He also uses a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you point me to a source that says M4 feedramps are not effective?

he never said they "weren't effective", he just said they are over hyped.  Pmags make m4 ramps unneccessary, but people still put all this emphasis on m4 feed ramps, which is why he called it "hype".  There are Plenty of sources which back this up
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This guy even stated in another auction these are guaranteed for life and DPMS will send you a new one if it fails.  I cannot see how having this coating can give one ounce of benefit at all..

DPMS=FAIL

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you point me to a source that says M4 feed ramps are not effective?

The millions of AR that do not have them are proof enough.  Unless you are running FA, M4 feed ramps are all a bunch of hype.  The feed ramps were designed to increase reliability when firing on FA.  With a semi auto AR it does not make a difference.  It is all just another shit to make people tingle between their legs if they and them on their AR.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Just more AR bling
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:35:08 AM EDT
[#14]
This is not a titanium bolt carrier! It is a titanium nitride plated carrier and someone replaced the titanium nitride plated bolt with a normal bolt!

DPMS BCG

Progressive Machine and Tool made a titanium bolt carrier but they are out of business. Then the bolt carrier was made by Design Concepts but it seems that they are out of business too.

Brownells Titanium Bolt Carrier

If you want a light weight bolt carrier go with JP or Young!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top