Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 8:17:23 AM EDT
I know BCM, Colt, DPMS, and Bushmaster do for sure...any others?  Is there any difference between manufactururs quality?  Do the same things apply to this part as they do others as you want a quality made part that will last, so stay away from some of the dealers?  What do you guys think??
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I know BCM, Colt, DPMS, and Bushmaster do for sure..

What makes you say this? I would think this is a part that would be subcontracted out rather than any of the fore mention manufacturers dedicating employees and space to make.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know BCM, Colt, DPMS, and Bushmaster do for sure..

What makes you say this? I would think this is a part that would be subcontracted out rather than any of the fore mention manufacturers dedicating employees and space to make.

Well i guess for one, both Bushie and BCM sell them on their websites, which a lot of other manufacturers dont.  And Ive seen for sale both Colt and DPMS on gunbroker.  Am I completely off base here?  With all the problems one can run into with short stroking (with an SBR) because of lack of pressure, I just want a reliable tube to use on my build.  I know the tube itself can matter for short stroking problems, but has reliability ever been an issue between brands?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Selling does not mean they actually make it. What you can gather by going with a reputable company is that they hold whomever they source the gas tubes from, to a certain higher quality standard.

So long as you stick with a good company, you should get a good quality unit. I have seen lower quality differences with the lower tier parts houses like M1S, M&A and a few "gun show specials". So it pays to go with a reputable company.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Selling does not mean they actually make it. What you can gather by going with a reputable company is that they hold whomever they source the gas tubes from, to a certain higher quality standard.

So long as you stick with a good company, you should get a good quality unit. I have seen lower quality differences with the lower tier parts houses like M1S, M&A and a few "gun show specials". So it pays to go with a reputable company.

Yeah i figured...thats pretty much the standard in this industry.   know of anyone with carbine length tubes in stock? (that come with the roll pin)
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
  know of anyone with carbine length tubes in stock? (that come with the roll pin)

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/Schematics/SchemMFg.aspx?schemid=875

Item #17 and #18. Bit of advice, get two gas tube roll pins. They are so small, they have a habit of getting lost if dropped.

I have ordered High Standard parts before and been quite satisfied. All the other makes like Colt and DPMS in the Brownell's catalog are "out of stock".

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
  know of anyone with carbine length tubes in stock? (that come with the roll pin)

Item #17 and #18. Bit of advice, get two gas tube roll pins. They are so small, they have a habit of getting lost if dropped.

I have ordered High Standard parts before and been quite satisfied. All the other makes like Colt and DPMS in the Brownell's catalog are "out of stock".

What do you think of the fatboys and pig tails for gas tube systems?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you think of the fatboys and pig tails for gas tube systems?

The Fatboy's are ok for specfic applications. The Pig tails are a complete waste of money. I use standard gas tubes in all of my rifles.

What would you use a fatboy on?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top