Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:48:14 PM EDT
Here is my first Black Rifle build. Its kinda the combination of 2 builds that I have planned for. (My next build will be SBR)

CMMG Lower, standard CMMG LPK
RRA Upper
Blackthorne 16" SS Bull Barrel (I know, i heard they suck, but they were the only ones with a barrel in stock and it was only $169, besides nothing seems wrong with it.)
LaRue Bolt Carrier Group
Troy 13.8" Rail
Troy HK Style Flip Up Front Sight
ARMS Flip Up Rear Sight
Solarforce Taclight in QD Mount
EBay Special Green Laser in QD Mount
Chinaman EOTech on LaRue ECOS-C
30rd Windowed Polymags

One may wonder why I have a $60 Chinaman EOTech on a $120 Mount, it is because I also have a real EOTech and its on my Duty rifle, along with my VLTOR EMod Buttstock and Tangodown Pistolgrip.

As I said above, this is like a combination of 2 builds because my next build is going to be a 10" SBR, in which I will use the EOTech, Taclight and Laser on the SBR, I will then get some real glass, better buttstock and trigger and use this as my poor mans sniper rifle. I will stick with the Blackthorne Barrel depending on its accuracy.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Job!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Here is my first Black Rifle build. Its kinda the combination of 2 builds that I have planned for. (My next build will be SBR)

RRA Upper
Blackthorne 16" SS Bull Barrel (I know, i heard they suck, but they were the only ones with a barrel in stock and it was only $169, besides nothing seems wrong with it.)
LaRue Bolt Carrier Group
Troy 13.8" Rail
ARMS Flip Up Rear Sight
30rd Windowed Polymags

One may wonder why I have a $60 Chinaman EOTech on a $120 Mount, it is because I also have a real EOTech and its on my Duty rifle, along with my VLTOR EMod Buttstock and Tangodown Pistolgrip.

As I said above, this is like a combination of 2 builds because my next build is going to be a 10" SBR, in which I will use the EOTech, Taclight and Laser on the SBR, I will then get some real glass, better buttstock and trigger and use this as my poor mans sniper rifle. I will stick with the Blackthorne Barrel depending on its accuracy.

RED =

Other than that, it looks good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

RRA Upper
LaRue Bolt Carrier Group
Troy 13.8" Rail
ARMS Flip Up Rear Sight
30rd Windowed Polymags

RED =

Yeah i know, but I do also own a real one that I put on my duty rifle for Iraq.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice. I'd like to be able to make a my first build post.

I've got a lower, but until i can sell off my Saiga or my Steyr SPP, I can't afford the kit i want.

My wifes car is paid off in 2 more payments. Guess i'll order the kit then. Sucks having to wait a couple of months to order a kit that is backordered for at least 3 more months.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RRA Upper
LaRue Bolt Carrier Group
Troy 13.8" Rail
ARMS Flip Up Rear Sight
30rd Windowed Polymags

Yeah i know, but I do also own a real one that I put on my duty rifle for Iraq.

Well, I take back my "MAD" face.  And say "Thank you for your service", Please be safe...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty nice boomstick.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice rail and roll mark but how about a 'full body shot'?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top