Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:13:50 PM EDT
Well, after some fighting with them, I got my KAC panels onto my LaRue 7.0...but I was kinda wondering - the way that they popped on, the little metal latch on the rail cover sits in a slot, instead of clinging to a piece of rail. This is the only way it sits flush with the front of the handguard, though I figured that latch would actually grab onto the rail. What's the deal? Is this the way it's supposed to be?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
They only lock onto the cutout slots on the front and rear of your rails.  You can use some heat shrink tubing on the metal tabs so they dont gouge the metal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, man...but I'm kind of having trouble getting what you mean. Here's a couple of pictures of how it went on for reference.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]
For a Larue 7 I run the 9 rib panels so the qd sling hole is exposed.

You just slide them from the front down the rails pushing the middle circle area of the metal tab to get them over and into the rail cutout.  They don't get popped over the top!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For a Larue 7 I run the 9 rib panels so the qd sling hole is exposed.

You just slide them from the front down the rails pushing the middle circle area of the metal tab to get them over and into the rail cutout.  They don't get popped over the top!

Well, hell. I feel like a dumbass now. I was trying to pop them on. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quib always has THE answer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It’s always a good idea to ask here first before proceeding on with something you’re unsure of.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/KACCovers.jpg

Just like Quib posted.
Push in on the tab to spread the clips, and slide it on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Bravo on getting them popped on - geez, you must have arms like a sledgehammer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bravo on getting them popped on - geez, you must have arms like a sledgehammer.
Geez and I thought I was kinda of a BAM BAM Gorilla man half breed LOL
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#10]
IRON GRIP? Damn....just slide them on man.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL...well, I got all of them on now, after sliding the rest of them on. Oh well, no harm done. Thanks for the help, fellas.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It’s always a good idea to ask here first before proceeding on with something you’re unsure of.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/RASCover.jpg

When I bought my KAC RAS/ FVG / Panels several years ago they came with Directions

To the OP I buy the long panels and custom trim to my size
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top