Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:37:23 PM EDT
I have a chance to guy a S&W carbine with a 100 rouonds or so through it.  Not a super deal but available where my RRA has not been delivered yet.  I was wondering if anyone has information on accuracy at 100, 200, or 300 yards off of sandbags.  i ordered the predator pursuit hopefully for longer range accuracy, but i still want accuracy in the carbine.

I have little experince with the AR's.  Trying to decide between Bushmaster, RRA, or Smith.  Any information would be appreciated and I don't have time to search and read through a bunch of reviews.  that is why I ask for sand bag or fixed shooting accuracy

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a MP 15 and it's dead on at 200. Groups are very very tight. The Aimpoint M4 certainly helps
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the S&W MP15T.  Off sandbags front and rear with 4x scopeat 100yds, I regularly shot one inch 8-10 shot groups with black hills 68 gr HP match blue box not moly.  Blue box moly was 1.8".  Most average ammo averaged about 2".  SS109 was about 3 - 4.5" depending on make.  This was with both stock trigger and aftermarket as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My S+W with a Bushnell 3x9, will group 3 shots at 100yds the size of a quarter.  At 200yds, with so so wolf ammo 55gr. about a softball  size, without trying too hard.  I am normally shooting steel plates to hear the "PING" or to see the "SPARK". Just to have fun, not for hardcore comp!  Buy it, you will not be dissapointed!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#4]
There are some long range RRAa that would better suit your needs if you are looking for accuracy in stock at PK firearms right now. S&W makes a great

carbine but it won't satisfy you if you're looking for more of a varmint type of AR.....

Here's a description of the two rifles they have in stock as of right now:

Rock River Arms 20 inch Stainless Steel A4 Rifle

Rock River Arms 20 inch Stainless Steel A4 rifle.  Features an air-gauged Wilson barrel with 1/8 twist rate and .223 Wylde chamber.  A2 buttstock and grip.  2 stage match trigger.  Includes one thirty round magazine.  Owners manual and blue hardcase.

Copy of FFL Required for purchase.

No Sales to California.
Our Price: $1,005.00

Rock River Arms 24 Inch Varmint A4 Rifle

The Rock River Arms 24" Varmint A4 features a 2 stage National Match trigger lower with a RRA Winter Trigger Guard, Star Safety Selector and Hogue grip. Features a 24" Wilson air-gauged stainless steel bull barrel with .223 Wylde chamber. 1/8 twist rate. Single piece free float tube with a stud installed for use with a sling or bipod.

Copy of FFL required for purchase.

Our Price: $1,120.00
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top