Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 11:33:23 AM EDT
I hwear that Vortex are excellent.  Any others that are better?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate the PINNNNNNNNNG tuning fork sound that the Vortex and AAC Blackout flash hiders have.  No denying that they effectively eliminate flash though

I prefer the Phantom or A2 for that reason

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The Vortex is one of if not the best for flash.
I have a Vortex on a 14.5 LMT upper. (pinned & welded)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Vortex is one of if not the best for flash.
I have a Vortex on a 14.5 LMT upper. (pinned & welded)

Based on the tests I've seen, the above is true.  The Phantom is a damn close second, barely a perceptable difference.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
never liked the look of the vortex but they work fairly well. The phantom style looks nicer and should work just as well...i cant tell the difference personally but there is a test somewhere where they photographed the flash from each....
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
never liked the look of the vortex but they work fairly well. The phantom style looks nicer and should work just as well...i cant tell the difference personally but there is a test somewhere where they photographed the flash from each....

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
AAC Blackout.  It is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got a flaming pig. Kind of excited to see how that one works out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:58:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just got a flaming pig. Kind of excited to see how that one works out.

The Pig doesn't seem to reduce the flash but pushed everything to the front away from the shooter.  Works great on a 10.5" LMT, I could shoot it off the bench under a roof without any problem.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I've stuck with Phantoms, just for giggles.

They look rather subdued (as opposed to something like the Troy medieval compensator) and reduce flash more than I'll ever need.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Vltor and it does its job well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I've never been bothered, or really even heard too much ringing from my Vortex.

Between the muzzle blast, supersonic crack, and buffer spring sproiiiing, the AR isn't exactly quiet anyway.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top