Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2009 4:44:00 PM EDT
I'm going to build an AR from one of the various kit suppliers.  Does anyone have any specific recommendations or comments about the following kit companies:  Delton, Model 1 Sales, J & T Distributing, Blackthorne, or M & A Parts INC.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
all are good except blackthorne, hesse, and Vulcan. same things but they changed their names to get rid of the negative feedback.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
STAY AWAY FROM BLACKTHORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Just bought a J&T.  Everything is good.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
My first two ARs were J&T kits. Good To Go.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
my first build was from J&T, great customer service, awesome turn around time on my kit (though mine wasnt anything fancy) and great quality

J&T all the way
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking forward to my Stag kit. Little more expensive but it is quality.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]
model 1 sales makes a nice product (as long as you dont have to deal with them in person).  Delton is highly praised in the AR community.  I have never used thier stuff but i hear alot about the quality.  The others i dont know anything about. Hope this helps!

mike
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]
My Del-Ton rifle is excellent. I highly recommend them, great product and customer service.

J&T is double star, I used a lower for my Del-Ton build, its a little lighter than the Del-Ton upper, but worked great. I've heard good things about them.

M&A uses cardinal forge uppers, but I've only bought one of their BCGs, it's not MPd but it has outstanding staking, I've also heard good things about them.

Also don't buy blackthorne/vulcan/hesse
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Helped build a M1S kit for a friend and had a couple minor issues. Trigger guard roll pin seemed a bit oversized or the hole was undersized, very hard to drive in compared to other builds I've done. The front pivot pin detent spring was too long and had to trim a couple turns off of it. No major issues. It shot well also.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
All the ones you mentioned, OP, are good to go, except for Blackthorne.

I hear Del-Ton is great, and the price is right.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
If you can wait, go Del-Ton if not M&A. My M&A kit is very nice, though I hope to find a replacement MPI bolt and BCG when this madness subsides.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Just finished mine with a J&T Barreled Upper.  Great customer Service and a quality product.  Fit together like a glove.  I am a happy camper.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Did a J&T kit years ago...barrel was not lined up properly (front sight post appears to be leaning). Also, I used the Hesse stripped lower. Had to send the first one back (they cracked the mag well when they stamped the serial number on). Second one was OK until I failed to clean the front pivot pin detent spring hole. When I put the spring & detent in, there must have been some filings left in the hole, and my detent just seized in there...I have yet to be able to get it out. So my advice is to clean those holes out with a drill bit held in your fingertips, just to be sure they are clean.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top