Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2009 9:13:49 AM EDT
What is the weight of the following DPMS CAR buffers? They don't publish the weight on their web site which seems strange.

Standard
?
Extra Heavy
Double Tungsten H

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Slash is your man for buffers.
He has a good buffer chart that details out the specs for all the buffers.
Just find his post in the EE

Link Posted: 2/18/2009 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks but his chart doesn't show what I need to know and DPMS won't answer their phone.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The Standard is 2.9oz
the H is 3.6oz
and the Extra Heavy is 5.2oz

I don't know what the Double Tungsten weighs, but it should be the same as an H2.(4.4oz)

FYI...if you order the Extra Heavy from Midway USA, they will send you a DPMS H Buffer instead.  Product mix up, and they don't actually stock the Extra Heavy yet.  In the process of getting a refund from them now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I am going to get a Double Tungsten and will post the weight when I have it in hand.

Link Posted: 2/18/2009 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless you really have your heart set on a DPMS, you can get an H2 buffer from PK Firearms or Bravo Co. cheaper than you can usually find the DPMS one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Standard is 2.9oz
the H is 3.6oz
and the Extra Heavy is 5.2oz

I don't know what the Double Tungsten weighs, but it should be the same as an H2.(4.4oz)

FYI...if you order the Extra Heavy from Midway USA, they will send you a DPMS H Buffer instead.  Product mix up, and they don't actually stock the Extra Heavy yet.  In the process of getting a refund from them now.

double tungsten = h2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top