Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2009 5:12:44 PM EDT
i like the neat look of my stag bolt "staking" looks functional and after 80 rounds looks ok . i am not going to get into a war in me front yard so why do i need to restake to mill spec ,and beat the hell out the thing ? whats the failure rate ?of people who own one ,not your brothers sisters brother in law. thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
i have 1 of the early smith & wesson AR's which are made by stag and i had 1 of my gas key sqrews break off around the 700 round mark. i just had it fixed by a local smith near me and he re staked it about the same way as it was from stag. i trust him since he has ALOT of smith experience and is sponsored by DPMS for some kind of shoots. i asked him about the stake job and he said if its done right it is just as good as the mil spec type staking. i will take his word for it for now! forgot to mention the round count was all wolf ammo so if it was 5.56 ammo would have probably broke around the 100 round mark...lol.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top