Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2009 4:43:41 AM EDT
Ok, I just rec'd my new BCM BCG and I'm trying to decide what to do with it.  I had only really needed just the BC itself, but since BCM isn't filling orders on those, I had to go whole-hog.

I have the following in need of upgrade:
- Bushmaster upper w/ complete Bushmaster AR15 BCG
- Colt 6721 upper w/ complete SP1 BCG

Should I swap out the BM AR BCG for the BCM BCG, 1-for-1?  Then I could sell the complete BM BCG to help fund a Colt M16 BC for my 6721.

Are there any concerns with putting a new bolt into a rifle with a used extension?  It has less than 3k rounds through it, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:59:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of a barrel extension failing (not that it can't or has not, I've just never heard of it).

I say you're good to go with the new bolt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have put new barrels on with old bolts and never had a problem.  With wear the parts will only make more space for the round than what they would be brand new. In your case if you get a new bolt/carrier they will only be closer to what it was new, but not quite because you have wear on the barrel extension. So your head space is not quite the same as it would be from the factory but is should be closer than what it was with two worn parts. Not that the two worn parts together are even close to worn enough to cause problems.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input . . .

This BCM BCG is incredible!  I think it it quite possible the most beautiful set of AR15 parts I have ever seen.  I almost feel as though I'll be soiling it by installing it in a Bushmaster upper.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top