Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2009 6:56:01 AM EDT
Hello,  I would like to know more about the new Colt AR-15 I just purchased. I found some basic info such as GC=Government Carbine but would like to know the original build configuration and date of the rifle.  It is a Colt AR-15 A2/M4 6520 w/A3 upper, 14.5" 1/9 barrel, 2" FH, pistol grip, 2-position telescoping buttstock, bayo-lug.  Would
like to know if this was the original build configuration of this rifle or if was a piece-job.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a build.  6520 would have come with a 16" lightweight barrel on an A2 upper.

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Found this in another post: "Pre-ban Colt model R6520 AR-15A2 Gov't Carbine w/ R6721 Tactical Carbine M4 marked upper reciever assembly as shipped from Colt with matching serial numbered vapor bag and blue label box. This Rifle is one of a small number of factory configured Gov't carbines that were built up by Colt with flat top M4 uppers and shipped just prior to the 1994 Federal AWB."

Any info on this?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#3]
1-800-962-COLT

"Hello, can you run a serial number for me and tell me when it left the factory and in what configuration?"

They'll be open for business tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, they confirmed the year and build.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top