Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2009 8:07:51 AM EDT
I'm building a AR for my son and he changes direction on me. Doesn't want a all black rifle but wants a traditional M4 style stock.

On Tango downs website it only lists 3 colors one is FDE. Yet I have seen different variations from site venders here.

Dennys lists a dessert tan and FDE
http://02b5218.netsolstores.com/tangodownbattlegrip.aspx

Area51 lists Tan and FDE but their tan looks way too lite in color.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=125&t=586435

Here is the stock in question with and without Flash

with flash

without flash

Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Flat Dark Earth should look great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered a FDE one from Denny's. Hopefully it will match ok. I got a tan one from AIM coming also but I think its the older desert tan. Guess I will sell the one that doesn't match.

For a M4 style stock it locks up real tight. More so then the commercial stock that came on my factory RRA. Bravo company is gonna make me go to the poor house.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#3]
So the FDE battle grip comes in and it seems its darker then most of the ones I have seen pics on here of.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I just added FDE furniture to one of mine. Started with a Vltor Emd stock in FDE, then Magpul XTM panels in FDE but when my VFG came in today ir was more of a tan than FDE but still doesn't look too bad. I figure after it gets dirty it will blend in more. Each maker seems to have some slight differences in what they call FDE, Magpul and Vltor'c colors are right on.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
TD used to make Tan parts. I have a tan battlegrip around here somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
HEre is a pic of the tan.  Obviously, cant assume a match based on that, but it looks pretty close.  I think I am going to order one off BC to match my grip.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top