Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2009 5:19:16 PM EDT
Was in the local Academy and there was an S&W AR-15 for 1199.00.  I do not have the model  number and I am not up to speed on S&W products.  Have a uncle that wants in on the AR action before it is too late.  I believe the price is about $200.00 higher than usual, but given what is going on, it looks to me to be a great price.  Feedback.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is about $200 over the norm, but like you mentioned given everything in the gun industry it is an OK deal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I that if it is the one with the rails or the flip up rear site it may not be as bad as you think.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
At Academy, I believe that is going to be this version: Smith & Wesson M&P

Should have the removable handle.

After going round and round with my local Academy, including being misled about "holding" weapons and having one sold out from under me, I understand that they now have a VERY limited supply of ARs period (but who doesn't?).

If they can find an M&P15 OR (Optics-Ready, no carry handle, no front sight) it should run you about $900.00, but they could not tell me when or if they would ever get anymore.

I picked up the one in the link above and have not been disappointed.  The nearest gun seller had that rifle advertised for at least $100 more, so I wasn't too stung on the price.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't buy one there but I went in and asked them when they got their trucks in.  Their suggestion was to come in at opening the next morning.  If they got one in then you would be the first in line to get it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Should have the removable handle.

I bought that same one locally right after the election for $979, so yeah it's getting crazy right now.

Link Posted: 2/8/2009 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Saw that one at Academy yesterday (Houston S59/Gessner)  $1299.    
Link Posted: 2/8/2009 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two M&P 15s the "A" and the "T" and they are both great rifles. As long as the serial # is over 5XXX your good to go as you will be getting an in house S&W gun, the early ones had lots of issues with out of spec parts, fitting, etc. That is a high price for the entry level model but nowadays what can you do?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top