Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2008 6:34:36 PM EDT
I am considering putting my Christmas money towards an AR-15. I live in CA now and had to leave my last AR  behind in Missouri. But I understand with the "bullet buttons" there are some legal choices (at least for now) in CA. Any members from CA with a recommendation? (Due to a physical handicap I must reatin a pistol grip since I shoot one- armed)
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have three ARs here in cali.

I'd go bullet button, you can get it for $25 online.  Then invest in some 10 round magazines.  Other than that everything (minus SBRs and full-auto and silencers) goes for your gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in California also and have one AR built and am waiting for the upper for my second build.  The first one has a U15 stock so that I can drop the magazine (10 rounders only).  The second will have a Bullet Button so that it will look like a real AR and it will have 10 round magazines only.  One of the better sites to learn about California Legal ARs is Calguns

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

Here is a picture of the one with the U15 stock. It does look a bit strange though.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This seems to be the hot ticket.
Raddlock

When you go to a place where you would use detachable mags it is just a turn of the screw, not a disassembly.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Being from Texas I really don't understand what CA thinks it is accomplishing with their AR Penal Code. Seems like the best accessory for CA AR owners is a voter registration card.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am considering putting my Christmas money towards an AR-15. I live in CA now and had to leave my last AR  behind in Missouri. But I understand with the "bullet buttons" there are some legal choices (at least for now) in CA. Any members from CA with a recommendation? (Due to a physical handicap I must reatin a pistol grip since I shoot one- armed)

I would go LMT or Noveske if you want high end.  
You can also go Stag, CMMG, Mega, POF, Rock River, etc...

I think you can pretty much get any AR brand you want as long as it's not Colt or Armalite. There might be one more brand I am missing.

Not sure where in Cali you live, but check out Cold War Shooters, they have a store in Highland, CA.
and check out J and J Armory in Costa Mesa, CA.  I went to J and J about 2 weeks ago and they had an LMT MRP piston rifle on the rack.  The price was pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Chris at www.lanworldinc.com. He will take care of you. You will notice how great his prices are.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top