Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2008 7:27:14 AM EDT
stainless steel?  Chrome moly?  1-8? 1-9? fluted? threaded? fluted and threaded?

Thanks for the help!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a RRA Coyote( chrome moly,1 in 9). I shoot 2in groups at 200yards, with my handloads. 55gr v-max, 24.1 grs 2460, 450 cci OAL 2.26. I'm sure it could be better, But I'm happy w/dat.  The Varmint rifles are heavy, look at the RRA predator persuit W/ SS barrel.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the RRA 20" Varmint model with 1 in 8 twist. I take it p-dog shooting out west every year . The 1 in 8 twist will handle everything from 40 gr bullets to 77 gr bullets. That's not saying the 1 in 9 won't (I have two other AR's and two bolt guns with 1 in 9 twist) handle heavier bullets the 8 twist does a better job above the 60 gr weight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
J&T (site sponsor) markets an excellent mid profile (non bull) stainless barrel with a 1 in 8 twist.
Wilson is the maker I believe.  A very accurate barrel that is light enough to "walk around" versus
the very heavy bull barrels. J&T does a very nice job of building up custom uppers if you're not into
building from the ground up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
My varmit gun sports a 24" bbl from Compass Lake Engineering. I couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Noveske or Krieger stainless steel for the best accuracy.  I have several of both of these barrels and they are all sub-MOA.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top