Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2008 5:37:14 AM EDT
I was searching the web for a 16" stainless bull barrel upper to put on a DPMS lower. I  found some at the Model 1 sales site. I have never heard of this company. Does anyone know if they make there own stuff? Are they any good? Their prices look great. I appreciate all the great info you guys always give.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm doing the same thing but looking for a 20" barrel.

From what I can determine their barrels are made by E R Shaw
who is considered to be a good grade of barrel.
Not the best, but not the worst.

I decided to keep looking.  I'm leaning towards a Bushmaster
or an Armalite barrel.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
ER shaw barrels have gone down in quality over the years. I would say they are at the bottom of the list for AR barrels. Good entry level barrel but there are much better barrels out there for around the same price.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of their 24" stainless steel bull barrel complete rifle kits(does not include striped lower) The barrel is an E.R. Shaw barrel, everything went together just fine. It has been very accurate so far with the right hand loads. The price was really good, shipping was fast. Very impressed with the quality. I would definitly use Model 1 sales again.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Model 1 Sales 16 inch lightweight chrome lined pencil barrel upper
thing shoots great out of the box. Keep in mind, this is a pencil barrel gun, best group so far (just got it) is 1.2 inches at 100 yards and it averages 1.5 inches with Black Hills 60 grain VMAX. I have shot it out to 600 yards. No complaints, shoots very good. Plus, even though it's a 1-9 inch twist, it shoots 75 grain bullets too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a 20" stainless Hbar upper from them and it shoots very very well. Fit and finish
on the upper receiver is excelent also.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info. I am in the research stage about a week or so out from ordering one. The problem is finding one in stock and ready to ship. This rifle will be for my wife that is why I am looking for a 16" stainless bull barrel. I was also considering a 14.5" flattop with no front sight. She likes using a scope and she also needs a smaller gun do to her small size.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top