Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 6:10:04 PM EDT
Just got a new 6920, I've been looking over everything to make sure no one swapped out parts before it hit my hands. When I went to go get it the friggin box had been opened. Anyway, everything seems to check out; the bolt marking has me wondering though. The bolt carrier is marked "C", and the bolt itself is marked "C", and the extractor is marked "C". Is this correct for this model Colt? I'd hate to think someone I half way trusted would pull a scam and swap out parts on me. I'd really like to know, so if it is good to go; I can go bust it's cherry tomorrow. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got Colts with "C" on the bolt and bolt carrier. I'm not sure I've ever looked at the extractors for a mark.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep that is right you are good to go. that is what it should be marked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that's all good markings, but they are not all always marked "C". My carrier didn't have anything but a dot rollmark, I called Colt CS and they said not all were rollmarked the same.

This is typical Colt, they will use whatever is in the parts bin at the time, but rest assured it will be in spec and all the usual QA measures such as MPI and proofing have been done.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I can rest easy now. I wasn't thinking; I could've looked in my Complete AR15/M16 Sourcebook, but due to my absorbtion into AKM's, I forgot all about it. Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top