Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 1:21:21 PM EDT
i have some older Colt chrome bolts, some have a wide band and the others have a narrow band. i am trying to find out the reason for the two styles and when Colt went from one style to the next. any info on the reason for the two styles would be appreciated.

some of the bolts also have a hole in the body that i believe is used for lubricating the ejector spring. again any info on when these were made, what models they went in or why some have a narrow and some a wide bands would be appreciated. thanks.

ETA: i did ask this in the Colt forum but never really found an answer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
did you look at the retro forum?   they would know more about that. or try   www,retroblackrifle.com  I would say you will find what you want there
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
did you look at the retro forum?   they would know more about that. or try   www,retroblackrifle.com  I would say you will find what you want there

i tried retroblackrifle.com but did not find an answer there. i might have to ask in the retro forum, i just thought that one of the Colt guys would see it here first.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried to picture what you whee saying, but your nomenclature is unfamiliar  to me.   I am not even sure what you mean by "band" do you mean the rear of the bolt carrier?  If we  were using the same terms, I think I could answer your question
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I tried to picture what you whee saying, but your nomenclature is unfamiliar  to me.   I am not even sure what you mean by "band" do you mean the rear of the bolt carrier?  If we  were using the same terms, I think I could answer your question

look at your bolt, or a picture of one, BETWEEN cam pin hole and behind the lugs of the bolt there is a small raised band....that is the one that has various widths.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

look at your bolt, or a picture of one, BETWEEN cam pin hole and behind the lugs of the bolt there is a small raised band....that is the one that has various widths.

exactly the area i am talking about.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT in hopes someone knows.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top