Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2008 1:06:35 PM EDT
Hey guys, i was going to buy a stag model 2t, but at the local gun store they have a 199-2000 Colt Match Target HBAR 20'' that somebody bought for y2k and only shot 500ish rounds out of it.  Its in great condition and doesn't have a scratch on it.  Do you think its worth $1200?  Is the match target hbar any better than a carbine model?  I am looking for a reliable and accurate gun.  I was also wondering if the older guns from that time were built any better/worse than the newest ones?  Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
thats a bit too much, but maybe not considering the panic buying

and BTW you must be blind or a liar! everyone knows no colt  looks flawless

It is a great gun. but I wouldnt  give more that 950 for it before the pre obama days. but maybe that price is normal for now
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Chrome lined 1X7 Brl.

Mines a good shooter but its a heavy rifle.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
heavy isn't a problem, i just want to make sure its a good shooter.  with the 1x7 twist, will you be able to shoot a wide range of ammunition?  And from what i have read, is it true that you can't exchange upper/lowers from other manufactures and colt?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Colt MT6601 Match Target HBar that is damn near perfect.
Super accurate and not a blemish on it.

I had an A2 Flash Hider put on mine.  looks a lot better.

They are great rifles.

I would be on a 1200.00 dollar one like a starving dog on a bone.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Even if its from 1999-2000?  Its a little bit older....
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Even if its from 1999-2000?  Its a little bit older....

Yes, even...

500rds is still a new gun.

You can buy it now for 1200 or later for 1600,
if it's still there?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
the match target will takeother uppers and lowers no problem.
I love mine  BTW. using 80 grain matchkings I was able to make 1000 yard hits on a man sized target. Do you reload? if so I can send you the data
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an older Colt HBAR and it is a shooter!    The Colt Sporters use a larger front pivot pin than other brands, but you can buy adapters, cheap.

The 1-in-7" twist barrel will stablilize heavy match bullets, but mine will put 52-grain match hollow points in tiny, pleasing, little groups all day long.

Good shooting,
desmobob
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the info guys, the owner of the store is holding the gun for my dad so its still there.  I didn't know that there was an adapter kit out there for the other receiver parts, but I guess I will have to look into that.  Unfortunately I don't reload, but i would love to get into it some day (if we are allowed to own guns).
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a colt 6601, 1994 manufacture date, has the flashhider, but no bayo lug.  I bought it in like new condition for $1100 about 9 months ago.  Good gun, the 1/7 barrel is accurate.  I'd try to talk the dealer down a bit if the gun is the neutered model with no flashhider or bayo lug, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with a nice colt.  Hopefully, the price you quoted includes the original box, manual, and blocked mags.  If it doesn't, I think $1200 is high, but who knows what will happen price wise thanks to Obama. Also, my 6601 took a normal front pivot pin in place of the screw in colt model with no issues, so I can put any standard upper on the gun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top