Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:28:50 AM EDT
Hey guys, my father recently bought a Colt MT6601 HBAR, but we have found out that supposedly it has a bushmaster upper. We can't find anywhere on the upper that says bushmaster. Where are the particular places that identification would be stamped on an upper receiver for Bushmaster? We can't seem to find anything on it, hope you guys can help with some ideas. Thanks.

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Complete upper?  If it's a Bushmaster then "BMP 5.56" should be stamped on the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, what if its not a complete upper, what if its just the upper receiver without the barrel? Any other way of telling what kind of upper receiver it is? We can't see anything on the barrel so thats why I'm asking this question. I don't even know what barrel it is because it says nothing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
It will be difficult to tell what you have it there is no marking on the barrel.  Have you looked under the handguards?

Is there a little mark on the right side of the receiver above the forward assist?  This will identify the forge that supplied the upper but not the manufacturer.

Does the upper have M4 feed ramps?  Bushmaster doesn't make rifles with M4 feed ramps.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top