Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2008 9:08:20 PM EDT
Hey guys, thanks for takin' the time to read this but i'm trying to figure out whats the deal with the 'upcoming' laws and restrictions on AR's? will the ones i do have in the home have to be surrendered or will i be able to keep them under the new administration? theres lots of Yes an No answers and i was wondering if you fine folks would be able to finally shed some light on that. thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
please use the search feature
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Consult a crystal ball...but before hand you have to wrap it in tin foil firstand if your a real American the word SURRENDER should never even be a considered option....defeated before the fight even starts.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think anyone knows definitively what exactly is going to happen in the future.  It is all speculation at this point.

I would say that no matter what happens it is highly unlikely that you would have to surrender guns that you already own.  Going by historical precedence (the 1994 AWB), existing guns, even those that are facing a federal ban, will be grandfathered.  If you read the proposed legislation (like H.R. 6257) you will see that this is the case.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
What 'THE ONE" and the Dems want is well known, what they will be able to do is the question we would all love to have the answer to.

As for confiscation, I do not see it, civil unrest would not even begin to describe what would happen...and they know it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
nope your gonna have to ditch them but i will do you a sollid ill take them off your hands so you wont have to face the embarrassment

btw join the nra and educate yourself about whats going on dont just prepare to fail and give up
and for gods sake get your other friends that dont know  involved do research the nra ila websight is a wonderfull resource and sign up for e-mail alerts
dont be ignorant about the world around you dont allow your friends to be ignorant
because by the time you open your eyes it WILL be too late
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I think we will end up with 4 categories of ARs:

1) PRE-BAN
2) POST-BAN
3) NO-BAN

AND

4) RE-BAN
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#7]
but will it be permanent?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
but will it be permanent?

guy, if i could see into the future and give you an answer, i'd be spending my time investing instead of giving you that answer.

seriously, nobody knows, it's all just conjecture at this point. obama is one of the most anti-gun presidents we've ever had, his administration will be the most anti-gun we've ever had, and by hook or by crook it looks like the D's will get their supermajority.

draw your own conclusions.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Dude, you're asking questions that no one here has a real answer for.  At this point everything is speculation.   And honestly, that speculation is driving the panic that has besought the firearms industry for the past few weeks.   The only one who knows what may happen has yet to be sworn in.    So sit back and enjoy the show.
Cheers,
cc
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top