Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 2:54:14 PM EDT
I have a CMMG upper that I want a carry handle for. As you all know a CMMG has a F marked front site so I need a mil-spec carry handle so it will be compatible.

Do any of you know if a DPMS carry handle is compatible with a F marked front sight?

If not, do you know of what other manufacturers are mil-spec?

I know CMMG sells them, but they are kind of expensive.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the CMMG handle to match your upper and (F) sight.  It might be more $$ but you know it will work. Plus, might save you dollars, finding something that will not work.  I read threads on here where there were problems mix'n 'n match'n.

I went with a carry handle that matched my upper (ordered with) so I knew I was good to go.

For example on scope rings and bases, Redfield, Leupold, and Burris look the same, but I'll keep them matched as a .001 here and there can add up.  Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont think you need to worry about f marked fsb when it comes to carry handles

the problem comes when you add the buis to the flat top.  you should be good to go with any brand carry handle as long as it is in spec.  but i would probably just get the cmmg handle to keep it all the same

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
This is something I do not get.  My LMT and DPMS carry handles are the same.  I keep reading that the DPMS is .040 lower but it isn't????  I no longer have a colt handle laying around so I cant measure one.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe both are mil-spec for F marked rront sights.

I am asking because it will cost me $66 brand new for DPMS and $120 for CMMG.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Thought my front sight was marked F but just looked, it is marked <B>1.  It is a 16" hbar with 12 inch handguard A3 with DPMS carry handle.

For that kind of $$$ I would get the DPMS, try it out, and if didnt' work return it. Several vendors have good return policies. Customer service for your supplier should be able to answer your question on compatibility.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#6]
They are probabily the same, I would opt for the cheaper one and if it doesn't work, take it back.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Who has the DPMS handles for $66???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top